3 Minnesota State Mankato 8-2 8-2
    4 Bemidji State 8-2 8-2
    5 Winona State 8-2 8-2
    6 Wayne State (NE) 8-2 8-2
    7 Sioux Falls 7-3 7-3
    8 Colorado State University Pueblo 7-3 7-2
    9 Minnesota Duluth 7-3 7-3
    10 Augustana (SD) 6-4 6-4

About what I expected, but Bemidji jumped up. Sioux Falls is currently holding off CSUP for the last PO spot. Sioux Falls plays a team with a losing record while CSUP plays BHSU (winning record). Exciting last week!

Could be a tight race for the #6 and #7 seeds. USF, Pueblo, Duluth, and the loser of the Mankato/Winona game will likely all be 3 loss teams. Anyone have guesses on which two of those four will get in?

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
      Could be a tight race for the #6 and #7 seeds. USF, Pueblo, Duluth, and the loser of the Mankato/Winona game will likely all be 3 loss teams. Anyone have guesses on which two of those four will get in?
      MSU/WSU loser is definitely still in. USF won't fall below UMD because of the head-to-head, so the last spot is down to them or CSUP. I lean CSUP but I'm not certain.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
        Going with a vibe rather than exhaustive research (what we CSM grads call "an engineer's estimate") and predict CSUP beats Black Hills and grabs #7 by the slimmest of margins over Sioux Falls and Duluth, setting up a rematch with CSM in Golden on November 19th. Spoiler alert, coming to the column this Wednesday.

Comment

Duluth has a bad record against teams with a winning record (1-3). I think that hurts them come selection time, regardless of the outcome this weekend.

Sioux Falls plays a 1-9 team this week, so their SOS takes a hit. Also, they are 2-4 against teams with a winning record.

CSUP plays a 7-3 team this week, so their SOS gets a boost. And, with Midwestern's upset of Kingsville, they will finish with a winning record, which helps SOS in a way I didn't expect before last week.

If all win, I think CSUP gets in, and not even by the slimmest of margins. Plus, the NCAA loves paying for travel that is 2 hours away - CSUP goes back to Mines.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X