Clear All

• Week 11 Pickem

This week's games:

CSUP @ Blackhills
    Fort Lewis @ Colorado Mines
    Chadron @ SD Mines
    Highlands @ Mesa Adams @ Western CO

Bonus Games:

Northwest Missouri @ Emporia (Could one of these teams make the playoffs and get switched into SR4?)
    Winona St @ Minnesota St (Which of these teams takes a top 4 seed in SR4?)
    Truman St @ UIndy (How good is Truman? SD Mines played them tough early this year.)

CSUP @ Blackhills - Pack have a chance to get in with a win. I think they pull it off, but this will definitely be their toughest trip to Spearfish
    Fort Lewis @ Colorado Mines - Pretty sure the Golden Tech Nerds could leave all their starters in the stands and win this game by 50
    Chadron @ SD Mines - A SD Mines fan said on some thread they'd rather beat Chadron than get in playoffs. I think your wish comes true
    Highlands @ Mesa - Mesa can't lose at home to Highlands can they?
    Adams @ Western CO - Man I expected more of Western this season, I mean beyond giving CSUP headaches. But they win to finish 7-4.
    Northwest Missouri @ Emporia (Could one of these teams make the playoffs and get switched into SR4?) @GoneBlastin, what is the process by which this happens?
    Winona St @ Minnesota St - I really want to be wrong here, but Mankato is the bane of my D2 existence. Other than that glorious Kansas City night in 2014
    Truman St @ UIndy - I've been taking the home teams in these 50/50 match ups and it hasn't gone well, so screw it, taking the visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
      CSUP @ Blackhills - Pack have a chance to get in with a win. I think they pull it off, but this will definitely be their toughest trip to Spearfish
      Fort Lewis @ Colorado Mines - Pretty sure the Golden Tech Nerds could leave all their starters in the stands and win this game by 50
      Chadron @ SD Mines - A SD Mines fan said on some thread they'd rather beat Chadron than get in playoffs. I think your wish comes true
      Highlands @ Mesa - Mesa can't lose at home to Highlands can they?
      Adams @ Western CO - Man I expected more of Western this season, I mean beyond giving CSUP headaches. But they win to finish 7-4.
      Northwest Missouri @ Emporia (Could one of these teams make the playoffs and get switched into SR4?) @GoneBlastin, what is the process by which this happens?
      Winona St @ Minnesota St - I really want to be wrong here, but Mankato is the bane of my D2 existence. Other than that glorious Kansas City night in 2014
      Truman St @ UIndy - I've been taking the home teams in these 50/50 match ups and it hasn't gone well, so screw it, taking the visitors.
      Hi Fats! The bottom 3 teams in each super region are ranked as “unseeded”. They are assigned to play a team ranked 2-4 within the region based on the criteria of reducing air travel, which the NCAA pays for on trips longer than 600 miles, and eliminating rematches from the regular season. Any of these unseeded teams can be switched to an adjacent super region if it results in less air travel or elimination of a rematch that does not increase the necessary air travel.

An example here would be if Winona loses to Mankato and falls into the unseeded category. Northwest Missouri, Truman and Emporia are all within 600 miles of Mankato and Wayne Nebraska. Winona is drivable to all GLIAC playoff contenders. To prevent a rematc between Mankato and Winona, the committee could switch Winona with one of these Super region 3 teams without adding air travel.

This happened last year with Central Washington and Kearney. Central Washington had to fly to whoever they played and Kearney could drive to Gunnison and any NSIC school so the committee switched CWU to SR 3 and Kearney to SR4.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Hi Fats! The bottom 3 teams in each super region are ranked as “unseeded”. They are assigned to play a team ranked 2-4 within the region based on the criteria of reducing air travel, which the NCAA pays for on trips longer than 600 miles, and eliminating rematches from the regular season. Any of these unseeded teams can be switched to an adjacent super region if it results in less air travel or elimination of a rematch that does not increase the necessary air travel.

An example here would be if Winona loses to Mankato and falls into the unseeded category. Northwest Missouri, Truman and Emporia are all within 600 miles of Mankato and Wayne Nebraska. Winona is drivable to all GLIAC playoff contenders. To prevent a rematc between Mankato and Winona, the committee could switch Winona with one of these Super region 3 teams without adding air travel.

This happened last year with Central Washington and Kearney. Central Washington had to fly to whoever they played and Kearney could drive to Gunnison and any NSIC school so the committee switched CWU to SR 3 and Kearney to SR4.
        So, if it all happens, who from SR4 gets the bum's rush out of the playoff field? Or they would just switch regions and hit the friendly skies for their game?

Comment

Nobody gets bumped they just switch places. And again this would only happen if they eliminate plane flights. So ideally no one hits the friendly skies. A flight was unavoidable last year with CWU even if they played in SR4 like they were supposed to, but they did eliminate one for Kearney (ultimately in the second round where they would have had to fly to play Harding)

edit: it is more accurate to say they eliminated a rematch between NWMSU without adding a flight since NWMSU still had to fly to Harding in round 2
          Last edited by GoneBlastin; 11-08-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

CSUP @ Black Hills With a CSUP win and they are in. With BHSU win they BHSU probably stays home.
            Fort Lewis @ Colorado Mines Mines against Durango HS might be a more entertaining game.
            Chadron @ SD Mines
            Highlands @ Mesa
            Adams @ Western CO

Bonus Games:

Northwest Missouri @ Emporia This just might be Emporia's yellow brick road.
            Winona St @ Minnesota St Mankato at home is tough
            Truman St @ UIndy I am going with the home team in this one.

Comment

CSUP
              Colorado Mines
              SD Mines
              Mesa
              Western CO

Northwest Missouri
              Minnesota St
              UIndy

Comment

CSUP
                Colorado Mines
                SD Mines
                Mesa
                Western CO
                Emporia
                Minnesota St
                UIndy

Comment

Week 11 Pickem

CSUP @ BHSU
                  Chadron @ SD Mines
                  Highlands @ Colorado Mesa
                  Adams @ Western Colorado

Bonus Games:

Northwest Missouri @ Emporia State (Could one of these teams make the playoffs and get switched into SR4?)
                  Winona St @ MSU-Mankato (Which of these teams takes a top 4 seed in SR4?)

Comment

CSUP @ Black Hills
                    Chadron @ SD Mines
                    Highlands @ Mesa
                    Adams @ Western CO
                    Northwest Missouri @ Emporia
                    Winona St @ Minnesota St
                    Truman St @ UIndy

Comment

CSUP by 6
                      CSM by 52
                      SDMT by 10
                      CMU by 13
                      WCU by 17

Northwest Mizzou
                      Mankato
                      Indy
                      Last edited by mountaineermagic; 11-10-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

CSUP @ Blackhills
                        Chadron @ SD Mines
                        Highlands @ Mesa
                        Adams @ Western CO

Bonus Games:

Winona St @ Minnesota St Truman St @ Indy

Comment

Black Hills
                          Colorado Mines
                          SD Mines
                          Highlands
                          Western
                          Northwest
                          Minnesota State
                          Indy

Comment

CSUP @ Blackhills
                            Pueblo locks in their playoff spot and gets the honor to lose to John Matocha again

The only question for this is if Mines plays their starters for a quarter or two or immediately starts with Evan Foster's squad

Chadron @ SD Mines Chadron not so good anymore

Highlands @ Mesa
                            Mesa not so good anymore (but still ok I think)

Adams @ Western CO
                            Western is the second best team in the RMAC

Northwest has had some offensive struggles this year but send shivers down every single one of Emporia's players. That terror factor will be the difference this game.

Winona St @ Minnesota St
                            Mankato is the best NSCI team around and I'm glad the rankers fixed that between on the 11/7 rankings update

Truman St @ UIndy
                            This will actually be an incredibly close game

Comment

CSUP @ Blackhills Four weeks into this season I had written off the Thunderpups. They were 1-3 and looking awful. They have since reeled off 6 straight wins, and likely will tie up a playoff invitation by winning the 7th, which they do. They win convincingly 38-17.

Fort Lewis @ Colorado Mines. The question is not can they, but will Mines hang a hundred on FLC. They may need to put the 3rd stringers in to begin the second half in order to not do it. 70-0.

Chadron @ SD Mines. SD Mines year on year on year progress is very positive. They finish this year on a positive note and keep building. 45-21.

Highlands @ Mesa Dear God I have no idea here, both are inconsistent and challenging to predict. Let's go Highlands!?!

Adams @ Western CO A lot more was expected of Western this year. Adams record is bad, but it doesn't reveal the amount of improvement they showed this year. Western is still just more talented right now. 42-17

Northwest Missouri @ Emporia I think the decades of playoff experience pay off right here and is the difference in a game that looks to match two even teams. 27-17

Winona St @ Minnesota St Mankato looks scary rolling into the playoffs. I'm curious if they pass Colorado Mines with this win? 38-28.

Truman St @ UIndy Truman has only given up >20 points 1 time this season. Indy has given up 38 3 times. I think that defense travels, does just enought, and helps Truman win a conference championship 38-34.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X