Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSU Pueblo at CO.Mines 19 NOV 2022

OK. Lets get this started. For the playoffs in region 4. Mines looked unstoppable during RMAC play. CSUP came on strong.

Raquet’s efficiency has really helped Pueblo. I like Croell but they’re a different squad with Raquet as the main option. I don’t know if it’s enough to change the outcome but I don’t feel like this will be a replay of the previous game.

Comment

I'd expect a closer game than the first one. CSUP has really come on hot during the back half of the season and the win against Black Hills was particularly impressive. However, the Orediggers have seen improvement as well. Matocha's newfound connection with Max McCloud is clear and the offensive line lead by Matty Armendariz is a powerhouse.

Mines by 17 and we'll have to see how Mankato fares in non-NSIC play when they come to Golden in two weeks.

Comment

I'm shocked that saving money was the priority.

Mines can match the athleticism of Pueblo. The last several weeks Pueblo didn't face a team that could do that. The only times they did face a team that could do so they looked rather inept. We'll see if the Pack winning streak is due to improving or due to the rest of the conference being so awful.

Comment

Well who could have seen this coming?

Hard to beat a team twice, just look at this exact scenario back in 2018. Mines won early in the season and then lost in the PO's. Different teams in different places, but CSUP is in the playoffs because they are good. They can win this game, even though Mines should be favored, or expected, to win.

This game will have a lot to do with adjustments and wrinkles made from the first game. Mines hasn't needed to make many this year and CSUP, within a game, hasn't always done well. It will definitely be interesting to see this one play out!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            I'm shocked that saving money was the priority.

Mines can match the athleticism of Pueblo. The last several weeks Pueblo didn't face a team that could do that. The only times they did face a team that could do so they looked rather inept. We'll see if the Pack winning streak is due to improving or due to the rest of the conference being so awful.
            yep. it's only 594 miles by hwy50 from pueblo to pittsburg, ks

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

yep. it's only 594 miles by hwy50 from pueblo to pittsburg, ks
              Yep, but then someone else flies to Mines. Zero flights the way things are setup which was always the goal, it's too bad but just part of being D2.

Comment

I thought CSUP looked pretty good in the second half the last time out. They out scored mines 14-10. Raquet looked pretty good and Austin Bacher had a few good runs. I expect CSUP is going to be much tougher this time around. Key will be slowing down Machota and Zeman the rest of the Mines offense. If Mines gets a lead early, like last time, it is going to be tough for CSUP to climb out of the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post
                  I thought CSUP looked pretty good in the second half the last time out. They out scored mines 14-10. Raquet looked pretty good and Austin Bacher had a few good runs. I expect CSUP is going to be much tougher this time around. Key will be slowing down Machota and Zeman the rest of the Mines offense. If Mines gets a lead early, like last time, it is going to be tough for CSUP to climb out of the hole.
                  They looked good in the second half...but the game was very much over by then. They also looked good the last 7 weeks but played literally no one that was remotely good so it's really hard to tell how much they improved. I guess we'll soon find out.

Machota is #1 in the country in pass efficiency and Raquet is #2 so that will be a fun matchup to watch. Pueblo's OL will need to run block well enough to keep Mines guessing, if they become one dimensional then it's game over.

I expect Mines to run away with this one but it wouldn't be the craziest upset if Pueblo is able to come away with the win.

Comment

Congratulations to Mines, about as I expected this one to go. Pueblo doesn't look like they belong on the same field as the top teams any longer.
                    Last edited by Turbonium; 11-19-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Good luck to CSUP next year, you have a good team with a lot to build on! On to the next round! Go Mines!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X