Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado mines stadium

I am from Pittsburgh pa. I am currently watching Colorado mines and I wanted to say that is a beautiful stadium. What a view. In the groups opinion what school in the conference has the best stadium? I am just wondering. Thank you and good luck in the playoffs

Hi! Glad you got to see a good one. The thunderbowl in Pueblo is super nice and a good size but if you’re going for scenery it is Marv Kay at Mines or Dennison at Fort Lewis in my book.

Comment

Hard to go wrong in Colorado. Both D1 Football schools have some nice scenery. Folsom Field looks pretty amazing. Of course Mines is the best football team currently in Colorado, better than the Broncos! https://cubuffs.com/facilities/folsom-field/1

Comment

Fort Lewis has the best views from the visitor's side in the conference. Mountaineer Bowl in Gunnison has great views from the home sideline, but it's being renovated. It's the highest college stadium in the nation at 7,723', 523' higher than War Memorial in Laramie, WY.

Comment

Fort Lewis takes this and it's not even close, if only they could field a football team.

Comment

Got to see the stadium in Golden when Minnesota State traveled there for the playoffs. Great facility. Black Hills State has a nice mountain setting and view, and SD School Of Mines has the only drive-in stadium in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
              Got to see the stadium in Golden when Minnesota State traveled there for the playoffs. Great facility. Black Hills State has a nice mountain setting and view, and SD School Of Mines has the only drive-in stadium in college football.
              NWOSU also has drive in seating. Not as close to the field but you definitely know the cars are there. Their parking wraps almost all the way around an elevated bowl containing the stadium. I remember the honking non stop during the 2009 CSUP game.

https://riderangersride.com/facilities/ranger-field/9

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

NWOSU also has drive in seating. Not as close to the field but you definitely know the cars are there. Their parking wraps almost all the way around an elevated bowl containing the stadium. I remember the honking non stop during the 2009 CSUP game.

https://riderangersride.com/facilities/ranger-field/9
                I'm clearly biased, but that's extremely generous. I wouldn't classify that as a drive-in stadium in the same light. If those were my spots at a drive in movie, I'd want my money back haha. Now Montana State Northern (pre-eminent Frontier cellar dweller) used to have legit ramps (dirt not nearly as nice as O'Harra)

Comment

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post

I'm clearly biased, but that's extremely generous. I wouldn't classify that as a drive-in stadium in the same light. If those were my spots at a drive in movie, I'd want my money back haha. Now Montana State Northern (pre-eminent Frontier cellar dweller) used to have legit ramps (dirt not nearly as nice as O'Harra)
                  I don’t think the overhead pictures really do the stadium justice. I get it’s not the same as parking in the stadium a few feet behind the team but they do have tiers that cars can park on and close in the non field house end of the stadium. The link below shows some clips of the tailgaters from the field that give a better perspective. It may not work for a drive in movie but I love the elevated end zone view for football. I watch CSUP games from the top of the hill under the scoreboard or the windows outside the HC office when I can sneak into the field house.

https://youtu.be/Nt16sHJz96g

Comment

Moore Resigns, Sterbick Named Interim Head Coach Of Mines Football - Colorado School of Mines Athletics

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X