Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines to host Shepherd

https://twitter.com/MinesFootball/st...1GvnR2Mksc6MfQ

Wow... did they decide at some point to factor in regional seeding? Because that's the only way this makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      Wow... did they decide at some point to factor in regional seeding? Because that's the only way this makes sense.
      Not sure, I saw the announcement by Mines on twitter.

Comment

I guess regional rankings came into play as Ferris, Mines, and Shepherd were all 2 seeds, while West Florida was the 3 seed. Mines really lucked out with this one, hope they can take advantage of it!!

Comment

This doesn’t make sense if you look at the numbers like they did for regional seedings but I think if you look at it subjectively this is pretty fair. Mines is the only two loss team but they and Ferris are also the only teams that haven’t lost to a two loss team. And among their wins they only really have one close one against Mankato. All the others were runaways. Western was ugly for 50 minutes but ended a two score game.

Comment

I remember from the days when Thunderwolves would each these levels. Weather, facilities and how things will look on ESPN+ get factored in to semifinal hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
              I remember from the days when Thunderwolves would each these levels. Weather, facilities and how things will look on ESPN+ get factored in to semifinal hosts.
              Golden can be pretty nice, or covered in snow this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

Golden can be pretty nice, or covered in snow this time of year.
                Forecast says 38F with 10-20mph winds.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                  I believe there is a bid put in to host, is that still a thing does anyone know?

Comment

Might have to make the short drive over from Denver to watch this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I believe there is a bid put in to host, is that still a thing does anyone know?
                      Per the championship manual all institutions that want to host have to submit a bid by 10/31. This appears to be a certification that the institute meets minimum requirements based on the due date. It does not indicate a new one must be uploaded for semis. The same bid covers all preliminary rounds.

edit: a budget and facility profile is also required.
                      Last edited by GoneBlastin; 12-03-2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

If a team that would be higher-seeded failed to put in a bid, the standard practice would be to have the lower seed host, not to change the seedings. It happens fairly often in other sports, e.g. Western Washington hosted the volleyball West Regional as the #2 seed.

Comment

Moore Resigns, Sterbick Named Interim Head Coach Of Mines Football - Colorado School of Mines Athletics

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X