Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pueblo Coaching Search

Top targets for the job? Can't be Wilkinson or Symo.

Mick McCall?
    Herman Heard?
    John Trahan? After he agrees to a plea deal with the Colorado AG office?

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post
    Top targets for the job? Can't be Wilkinson or Symo.

Mick McCall?
    Herman Heard?
    John Trahan? After he agrees to a plea deal with the Colorado AG office?
    Did Wristen resign/retire or move?

How about Hunter Hughes? (Sarcasm font is broken on my computer!)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin
      I'd be fine with Hughes as equipment manager, which is the extent of his experience with a jock after high school.
      I know you are being facetious, but after the SImon Fraser game where WT took the wrong uniforms to Canada (took home maroon instead of visiting white) I do not think he is qualified to be the equipment manager. The fact that WT took the wrong uniforms to Canada cost WT a 15 yard penalty at the start of each half and also cost them one timeout in each half. I had never seen or heard of this happening before.

Still want him as the equipment manager?

Comment

Word is, he won't fire his OC or OL coach, so he's gonna step down.
        Wow. Just wow. Most schools would love to have the season they’ve had and the decade they’ve had.

Comment

Word is, he won't fire his OC or OL coach, so he's gonna step down.
          That’s loyalty, but then again, if the head coach can’t be in charge and the AD is calling the shots, what’s the point in being the head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Wow. Just wow. Most schools would love to have the season they’ve had and the decade they’ve had.
            I suppose that could be true, it's been awhile since they really showed they belong on the field with the big boys though. Not at all Wristen's fault necessarily but they've simply fallen well behind Mines and have gotten dominated by Mankato and Grand Valley multiple times.

This very well could also not be about wins and losses at all though, there has seemingly been a lot of drama and conflict down in Pueblo. One doesn't ask for their name to be removed from the stadium when things are going well.

I hope Wristen is healthy and can look back and enjoy his great career at a program he helped build from the ground up, a program that quickly became known across the D2 world.

Comment

Saw this just now on footballscoop.com:
              Wristen led the program back onto the field after a multi-decade dormancy and has been the only coach the program has known ever since.

Comment

I am not surprised at his leaving the program as HC. He is staying on as a advisor in the school. Dont know what they have instore as an advisor. He is 62 years old. Probably grown soft on his staff and the players. When he was hard nose, everyone would jump at his words! I don't see anyone on the present staff taking the HC job. Let the new HC bring in his own staff. This should be interesting watching who they pick.

Comment

Just got this off the CSU Pueblo web site. CSU Pueblo Head Football Coach, John Wristen, Announces Retirement and New Role as Athletics Development and External Relations Officer | | CSU-Pueblo

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I suppose that could be true, it's been awhile since they really showed they belong on the field with the big boys though. Not at all Wristen's fault necessarily but they've simply fallen well behind Mines and have gotten dominated by Mankato and Grand Valley multiple times.

This very well could also not be about wins and losses at all though, there has seemingly been a lot of drama and conflict down in Pueblo. One doesn't ask for their name to be removed from the stadium when things are going well.

I hope Wristen is healthy and can look back and enjoy his great career at a program he helped build from the ground up, a program that quickly became known across the D2 world.
                    I've heard DeRose was upset by the liberal direction of University leadership rather than anything on field.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

I've heard DeRose was upset by the liberal direction of University leadership rather than anything on field.
                      Yes, but that's a lot of funding/support to be pulled which certainly impacts on field. Seems strange to pull support that only hurts Wristen and Co. because you're upset the CSU system is liberal. Who knows what the full story is though.

Comment

DeRose disagreed with the Vax mandates for players and staff. Players had a meeting with him. In addition, a few coaches were canned because of their refusal to get the jab.

Comment

If I remember correctly this decision came from the CSU system though, not a Pueblo decision. Seems strange to pull support when it impacts only those with no connection to the decision you're mad about. Might as well go storm the Capitol building too.

Comment

Turns out that COVID 19 was NOT the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” as proclaimed by the dude in the Whitehouse who says that Hunter Biden is the “smartest person [he] knows.” We are now learning that COVID 19 is actually the “pandemic of the vaccinated.” A lot of folks who took the vaccine and several jabs contracted the virus at a higher rate than those who didn’t. Those with “natural immunity” fared the best. DeRose was right. The CSUP president was wrong. DeRose and company tried their level best to bring common sense to the table. The CSUP president kicked them to the curb and CSUP lost one of the strongest booster organizations in DII football, “Friends of Football.” The CSUP president did nothing to bring their concerns to his bosses up north. Instead, he disparaged DeRose's concerns to the liberal media as uneducated ramblings. Perhaps Hunter Biden is also the "smartest guy" the CSUP president knows.

A friend of mine in East Texas lost his 18-year-old son because the kid took the vaccine as required. He suffered massive heart failure and died. The kid was a strong talented football player who should be alive today. Friday night lights in Texas is the best HS football in the country. The kid's father got to watch his son play at a high level and succeed but lost him because of the vaccine. Fauci and the CDC failed the American people spectacularly. The current CSUP administration failed student athletes the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                              Turns out that COVID 19 was NOT the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” as proclaimed by the dude in the Whitehouse who says that Hunter Biden is the “smartest person [he] knows.” We are now learning that COVID 19 is actually the “pandemic of the vaccinated.” A lot of folks who took the vaccine and several jabs contracted the virus at a higher rate than those who didn’t. Those with “natural immunity” fared the best. DeRose was right. The CSUP president was wrong. DeRose and company tried their level best to bring common sense to the table. The CSUP president kicked them to the curb and CSUP lost one of the strongest booster organizations in DII football, “Friends of Football.” The CSUP president did nothing to bring their concerns to his bosses up north. Instead, he disparaged DeRose's concerns to the liberal media as uneducated ramblings. Perhaps Hunter Biden is also the "smartest guy" the CSUP president knows.

A friend of mine in East Texas lost his 18-year-old son because the kid took the vaccine as required. He suffered massive heart failure and died. The kid was a strong talented football player who should be alive today. Friday night lights in Texas is the best HS football in the country. The kid's father got to watch his son play at a high level and succeed but lost him because of the vaccine. Fauci and the CDC failed the American people spectacularly. The current CSUP administration failed student athletes the same way.
                              So glad they pulled funding from a D2 football program to really show how much they love America.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X