Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=laker;n582052]

Stuck inside because the temperature is in the mid-90s.

Weird weather with the jet stream taking all that heat up north. Who would have thought you would need to go south to find cooler temperatures.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shanghai Mule;n582073]
      Originally posted by laker View Post

Stuck inside because the temperature is in the mid-90s.

Weird weather with the jet stream taking all that heat up north. Who would have thought you would need to go south to find cooler temperatures.
      Back in 1988 I visited some friends in Dallas. Called home to complain to my Dad that it was 105 there. He called me a wimp and said it was 108 back home so stop complaining.

One of my students went to Florida during an Easter vacation. She wanted to swim with the dolphins (not the Miami ones). Came back complaining because it was about 45 and raining ever day there. But it got to 80 up here. You never know with the continental climate.

MNDOT put out warnings that on Highway 24- about 35 miles northwest of here- that the highway was breaking up due to the heat. I had just been on that road a week ago- no problems as the temps were in the mid 60s on my way to the D3 regional baseball tourney at St John's. Way too dry here this spring- but not skeeters or even gnats. Flies still pester no matter what the humidity.

Farmers Market in Buffalo Lake today. Got there at 8 before all the good deals are gone. Some lettuce, some radishes- I was surprised. People start them inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Then get your butt back out there and prove it.

On to baseball - Central Missouri will win their third national baseball championship.
        Wingate didn't believe you..

Comment

Bump. Mills closed. Not sure of any others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
            On to baseball - Central Missouri will win their third national baseball championship.
            How do you like these?

Comment

Yeah, I might have jumped the gun a little early on that one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X