Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bemidji State's schedule has been released. Added is a single away game at Minnesota and a home exhibition against the US National Development Program.

https://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/n...ckey-schedule/
    Millsy

Comment

Bemidji State, Bowling Green, Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan (minus two non-conference games) have released their complete schedules. All others are what I have gathered from other sources and speculation due to who owes games.

ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-0-0)
      -Mass-Lowell (2) 10/9-10/10
      -Nebraska-Omaha (2) 10/16-10/17
      -To Be Determined
      -To Be Determined

ALASKA (0-0-0)
      -at Nebraska-Omaha (2) 10/9-10/10
      -at Minnesota-Duluth (2) 11/27-11/28
      -at Arizona State (2) TBD

ALASKA-ANCHORAGE (0-0-0)
      -at Clarkson (2) TBD
      -at Denver (2) 1/1-1/2
      -Arizona State (2) TBD ??

BEMIDJI STATE (0-0-0)
      -at Minnesota 10/03
      -North Dakota 10/9
      -at North Dakota 10/10
      -St. Cloud State 11/20
      -at St. Cloud State 11/21
      -at Merrimack 11/27
      -at Mass-Lowell 11/28
      -US National Development Program (EXH) 12/28
      -Minnesota-Duluth 12/31
      -at Minnesota Duluth 1/2

BOWLING GREEN (0-0-0)
      -at St. Lawrence (2) 10/09-10/10
      -at Western Michigan 10/16
      -Western Michigan 10/17
      -Miami 10/23
      -at Miami 10/24
      -RIT 12/31
      -vs RIT (Toledo Winterfest) 01/02

FERRIS STATE (0-0-0)
      -Michigan State TBD
      -at Michigan State TBD
      -Western Michigan TBD
      -at Western Michigan TBD
      -Canisius (2) TBD
      -at Robert Morris TBD
      -Robert Morris TBD

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (0-0-0)
      -at Union (2) TBD
      -Notre Dame TBD
      -To Be Determined
      -To Be Determined

MICHIGAN TECH (0-0-0)
      -Michigan (2) 10/09-10/10
      -at Clarkson (2) 10/30-10/31
      -Great Lakes Invitational vs Michigan State (Detroit, MI)
      -Great Lakes Invitational vs Michigan/Harvard (Detroit, MI)
      -Arizona State (2) 02/12-02/13

MINNESOTA STATE (0-0-0)
      -To Be Determined (EXH)
      -vs Providence (Duluth, MN) 10/9
      -vs Minnesota/Minnesota-Duluth (Duluth, MN) 10/10
      -at St. Cloud State (2) 10/16-10/17
      -Minnesota Duluth (2) 10/30-10/31

NORTHERN MICHIGAN (0-0-0)
      -To Be Determined ??
      -Boston University (2) 10/16-10/17
      -Colgate (2) 11/27-11/28
      -at North Dakota 01/02-01/03
      Last edited by Millsy; 05-06-2020, 01:47 PM.
      Millsy

Comment

Mav season schedule announced. I'm disappointed that we aren't hosting some eastern team.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2020/5...state-men.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Mav season schedule announced. I'm disappointed that we aren't hosting some eastern team.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2020/5...state-men.aspx
          34 games plus a probable exhibition. Could have played up to 38 with the Alaska exemptions, I wonder if there may be two more games in the works? Not sure where they would fit in though, looking at dates. Bye weeks are just as important.
          Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

34 games plus a probable exhibition. Could have played up to 38 with the Alaska exemptions, I wonder if there may be two more games in the works? Not sure where they would fit in though, looking at dates. Bye weeks are just as important.
            They have to fit that State of Hockey game at Blakeslee somewhere. Not sure if I'll be going to that or not. I've spent some miserable days there for football but it would have to be a nice day to sit up there in late January/early February.

Comment

They have to fit that State of Hockey game at Blakeslee somewhere. Not sure if I'll be going to that or not. I've spent some miserable days there for football but it would have to be a nice day to sit up there in late January/early February.
              I looked at the Mav's schedule and Hockey Day Minnesota would most likely fall on the Ferris State or Michigan Tech weekend in January. Past history shows that they try and do it around those two weekends.

I suppose they could try and pick up a non-conference series the 15th and 16th of January, but I would think you would have to have a team under contract by now and would want it on the schedule as a "place holder", even if you don't announce it as the Hockey Day Minnesota weekend.
              Millsy

Comment

If you have a Twitter account, I am asking a favor. Could you head on over to the NA3HL site and please vote for the Alexandria Blizzard in the semifinals of the league logo contest. Voting closes at 11 AM Wednesday. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/NA3HL/status/126...115797506?s=20
                Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                  If you have a Twitter account, I am asking a favor. Could you head on over to the NA3HL site and please vote for the Alexandria Blizzard in the semifinals of the league logo contest. Voting closes at 11 AM Wednesday. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/NA3HL/status/126...115797506?s=20
                  Done.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Done.
                    Thanks! Doesn't look too good for the hometown team, though......
                    Millsy

Comment

Some hockey schedules in the D-I world are already taking a hit with COVID. Holy Cross has cancelled their trip to Arizona State in an effort to eliminate any air travel. It is reported other teams are looking at doing the same. You could end up seeing all 2020-21 schedules scrapped and a more regional scheduling matrix developed. Not sure how it would affect conference games.

For Bemidji it would mean eliminating the Thanksgiving weekend trip to Merrimack and Lowell. It would have little to no affect on Mankato. If it affects conference games, the Alaskas would be in a major bind, Huntsville tends to bus just about everywhere, but teams that fly to Huntsville may decide to scrap it.
                      Millsy

Comment

From the Grand Forks Herald:
                        -----------
                        It's becoming apparent that the college hockey season will not go off as originally planned.

Although it's only mid-May, college hockey teams are already starting to call off nonconference road trips that require airplane flights because of anticipated budget crunches due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The first domino has already fallen. Holy Cross has canceled its two-game series at Arizona State.

It won't be the last.

A source says that Boston College and Northeastern are expecting St. Cloud State to call off its October trip to Boston, where it was scheduled to play one game against each team. St. Cloud State says a final decision on the Boston trip is pending and should be made in about two weeks.

According to another source, Boston University is having high-level discussions about trying to move its two-game series at Northern Michigan to 2021-22, if possible.

"It is what it is," Arizona State coach Greg Powers said after losing its two games with Holy Cross. "We have a ton of respect for David (Berard, the Holy Cross head coach) and that program. We have a great relationship with them. Once this clears up, they're going to come back out. We'll go from there. I think he was very disappointed he had to make that call. It's completely out of anybody's control. It's the budget they have to operate from in this situation."

So far, none of UND's nonconference opponents have pulled out of scheduled games.

Earlier this month, Ralph Engelstad Arena sent a letter to fans saying that, at this time, the Nashville game against Penn State is on as scheduled. UND's other nonconference series -- home/away against Bemidji State, home vs. Minnesota, home vs. Niagara, home vs. Northern Michigan and at Cornell -- are still on as well.

But more scheduling dominoes are expected to fall in the coming weeks and months. A unique spot

College hockey conferences have started creating alternative schedules in case the season does not start on time.

The team in the most unique spot is Arizona State, the only independent of 60 Division-I men's college hockey teams. It relies solely on nonconference airplane trips to fill out its schedule.

Powers said that the Sun Devils are still in a good spot even after the Holy Cross series cancellation. At this point, that's the only schedule change for Arizona State.

The Sun Devils have 14 home games and 20 road games on the schedule, a full 34-game season. It had originally scheduled 36 games, because it is scheduled to travel to Alaska Anchorage. Games in Alaska are exempt from the 34-game schedule limit.

"We're in close contact with everybody," Powers said. "We're to the point where we've had detailed discussions about hotel arrangements and all that stuff. We're committed to our schedule from a travel standpoint. We know as an independent that we're not going to cancel road games.

"Whatever happens happens. There's still so much unknown. The worst thing we can do is negatively speculate. We're just going to plan like we're moving forward, because in our minds, we are."
                        ---------------------
                        Millsy

Comment

Sounds like the UCONN women's hockey trip to Mankato has been cancelled. I don't think that the men had any home series with OOC teams from far away.

Comment

Reports are that Alabama-Huntsville will be axing their program at a news conference later this afternoon.

EDIT: Effective Immediately:

https://www.uscho.com/2020/05/22/bre...e-immediately/
                            Millsy

Comment

Yes, they did drop hockey. I'm not surprised.

https://uahchargers.com/news/2020/5/...eductions.aspx

Comment

Yes, they did drop hockey. I'm not surprised.

https://uahchargers.com/news/2020/5/...eductions.aspx
                                We'll that didn't take long...

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. � After UAH announced its decision to eliminate hockey, an online petition was started to urge university officials to keep the program. Tyler Curtis started the petition Fri�

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X