Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 MIAA Baseball

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    What's with the center field camera? It looks like chicken feathers floating around.....it about drove me nuts the last two days.
    LOL! Is there a poultry farm or chicken processing plant nearby or are people allowed to raise chickens in their backyards in the lovely city of Warrensburg?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      LOL! Is there a poultry farm or chicken processing plant nearby or are people allowed to raise chickens in their backyards in the lovely city of Warrensburg?
      Probably all of the above. What's "poultry", is that some fancy name for chickens? You never know what you might see south of I-70....people riding mules, packing guns, playing banjos, drinking moonshine (all at the same time) and chicken feathers blowing in the breeze.

Anything similar north of I-90 in your neck-of-the-woods?
      Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-18-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

For poor folks we have a mule ride sharing service called Guber.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          Probably all of the above. What's "poultry", is that some fancy name for chickens? You never know what you might see south of I-70....people riding mules, packing guns, playing banjos, drinking moonshine (all at the same time) and chicken feathers blowing in the breeze.

Anything similar north of I-90 in your neck-of-the-woods?
          Was not picking on Warrensburg or the great state of Missouri. People on acreages outside of town here raise chickens, dogs and even a mink farm! Pretty sure the Mules will be coming to Sioux Falls next week and we welcome you.

Comment

Was not picking on Warrensburg or the great state of Missouri. People on acreages outside of town here raise chickens, dogs and even a mink farm! Pretty sure the Mules will be coming to Sioux Falls next week and we welcome you.

Trust me, I didn't take "the lovely city of Warrensburg" comment as a slam. I thought your comments were funny and I wanted to embellish the image. In the MIAA, insulting each others school, towns, cheerleaders, etc. is standard business and can be great sport. But, it's more fun if you're also able to make fun of yourself.

Hope UCM makes it to Sioux Falls to play Augie, but right now weather is holding everything up. Our game with Central Oklahoma started at 9:00 AM Saturday and lasted about 20 minutes before they pulled everyone off the field because of lightning. The broadcaster said the Central Oklahoma coach had made the point to the umpires before the game that it was stupid to even start the game because of the forecast. When the game was stopped, Central Oklahoma was batting in the bottom of the first with no outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. The UCM pitcher was throwing mostly wild pitches. Weather looks good for Sunday with the game resuming at noon. UCM only needs to win one game to advance and Central Oklahoma would need to win two games against UCM. I like the Mules chances of advancing to play Augustana. I also like the new four team sub-regional format better than the eight teams all in one place format. The winners of the two sub-regionals squaring off in a best two out three series is an ideal way to determine the best team since depleted pitching should not be an issue like it was in the old eight team format.
            Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-19-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

As the designated home team for this game, by rule, Central Oklahoma has their choice of dugouts. Baseball etiquette says you don't pick the host team's dugout. I guess the Central Oklahoma coach wants to play head games, because he picked UCM's dugout. The broadcaster said he had never seen that happen. That should piss off the Mules and give them added incentive to win game one. Should the Mules lose game one, they will be the designated home team for game two. I'm sure the first thing the UCM coach will do is eject the Okies from the Mule's normal home dugout.

Comment

Any Mules fans attending the game while monitoring this message board?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                  As the designated home team for this game, by rule, Central Oklahoma has their choice of dugouts. Baseball etiquette says you don't pick the host team's dugout. I guess the Central Oklahoma coach wants to play head games, because he picked UCM's dugout. The broadcaster said he had never seen that happen. That should piss off the Mules and give them added incentive to win game one. Should the Mules lose game one, they will be the designated home team for game two. I'm sure the first thing the UCM coach will do is eject the Okies from the Mule's normal home dugout.
                  Had UCM been the visitor in earlier games?
                  There have been some regionals that ESU went to where the NCAA rep has enforced that the home team is in the third base dugout no matter what. Makes it a little strange when the home team is normally in the first base dugout.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                    Had UCM been the visitor in earlier games?
                    There have been some regionals that ESU went to where the NCAA rep has enforced that the home team is in the third base dugout no matter what. Makes it a little strange when the home team is normally in the first base dugout.
                    When the Mules played CentralOK on Friday, the Mules had the home dugout as the visiting team.

Several years back, I was sitting behind a player (and his dad) who waiting to play after the Mules game. He was happy to find out they had the 3rd base dugout for the next game because it meant they had a bathroom. Maybe CentralOK just wanted a bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      When the Mules played CentralOK on Friday, the Mules had the home dugout as the visiting team.

Several years back, I was sitting behind a player (and his dad) who waiting to play after the Mules game. He was happy to find out they had the 3rd base dugout for the next game because it meant they had a bathroom. Maybe CentralOK just wanted a bathroom.
                      This is so funny.... during the game, I had a quick conversation with a Central Oklahoma player in the public restroom area. I told him I was surprised that he was using the concession stand restroom when Central Oklahoma (the designated home team for game one) had picked the UCM host team dugout. He said that UCM was pissed and retaliated by locking the dugout door to the UCM clubhouse restroom.

LMAO
                      Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-19-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Comments on the Regional:

CentralMO only trailed for 2 innings all weekend. They never trailed in either of the first 2 games. The Mules scored the first 4 runs in the Southern game. Ben Kelsch (6-3) tossed a complete game in the 8-1 win. They also scored the first 2 runs in Friday's game against CentralOK. Luke Lucas (6-0) gave up only 1 run in 7 innings and the Mules won 6-1. The bad weather hit in the bottom of the first on Saturday and Mules starter Mason Green (8-0) didn't handle it well hitting the first batter and walking the next. A wild pitch moved the runners to 2nd & 3rd as lightning stopped the game. When the game was resumed on Sunday, Green got the next 3 hitters to ground out but both of the runners scored. That was the only time the Mules trailed all weekend. The Mules regained the lead in the top of the 3rd and never trailed again.

The star of the weekend for the Mules was lead off hitter Mason Janvrin. Janvrin had 3 hits against Southern on Thursday, 4 against CentralOK on Friday and 3 more against CentralOK on Sat/Sun. His 4th hit on Friday was his 100th of the season, he is only the 3rd Mule to reach 100 in a single season. His lead off hit on Saturday moved him past Chris Umphres into 2nd place with 101 hits. 2 more hits on Sunday have him one hit short of the Mules single season record of 104 held by Sittichoke Huckuntod in 1990.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Sittichoke Huckuntod. I'm curious about his hame, is he native american or from another country? Also, what position did he play and any other information?

Mules are definitely playing there best baseball of the year and I like their chances against Augustana. I hope a lot of UCM fans show up in Sioux Falls to support the Mules. I'm in KC on business this week and wish I could hang around and go to Sioux Falls, but I have to return home to San Diego. I'll be following the action over the internet.

GO MULES (or as my wife likes to call them..... the Muu-leys)
                          Last edited by Donkeydamus; 05-21-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                            I'm not familiar with Sittichoke Huckuntod. I'm curious about his hame, is he native american or from another country? Also, what position did he play and any other information?

Mules are definitely playing there best baseball of the year and I like their chances against Augustana. I hope a lot of UCM fans show up in Sioux Falls to support the Mules. I'll be following the action over the internet here in San Diego. GO MULEYS
                            "Choke" was born in Thailand. Here is a link to his UCM Hall of Fame page:
                            https://ucmathletics.com/hof.aspx?hof=160

His .403 batting average might have been 2nd when he was inducted but it's 6th (I believe) now. Everyone above him played only 2 years for the Mules. He still has the most hits for any Mule that played less than 4 seasons and the stolen base record, I believe, still stands. I know it stands at UCM, I'm not sure about the MIAA.

Comment

LMAO Sitting in the stands that day was like driving at night in snow. The puffs from the cottonwood trees was really flying.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
                                LMAO Sitting in the stands that day was like driving at night in snow. The puffs from the cottonwood trees was really flying.
                                You can't image how bad it was watching on (tv) internet, especially the view from the centerfield camera. At first I thought it must be a technical glitch as the "floating chicken feathers" seemed to keep repeating the same pattern. It was beyond weird and very distracting.....lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X