Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NSIC Baseball

The 2021 season will begin in early February with conference play beginning March 20. The 2021 NSIC Baseball Tournament will take place on May 12-15 in Sioux Falls, co-hosted by Augustana and Sioux Falls, with the top eight teams in the standings participating.

2021 NSIC Preseason Baseball Coaches Poll
    1. Augustana (13) - 195 pts
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato (2) - 181
    3. St. Cloud State - 160
    4. Minot State - 153
    5. Wayne State - 151
    6. Winona State - 130
    7. Minnesota-Crookston - 114
    8. Concordia-St. Paul - 103
    9. Northern State - 78
    10. Minnesota-Duluth - 77
    11. Mary - 69
    12. Southwest Minnesota State - 59
    13. Sioux Falls - 41
    14. Upper Iowa - 36
    15. Bemidji State - 28

Preseason Player of the Year
    1B/3B - Jordan Barth, Augustana (JR)
    • 2020 NSIC Preseason Player of the Year
    • Earned NSIC Player of the Week and NCBWA Central Region Player of the Week honors after going 8-for-12 with five runs scored, seven RBI's, one homer, one double, one walk and two stolen bases in a three-game sweep of Southwest Baptist
    • Had a slugging percentage of .647, on base percentage of .481, fielding percentage of .989 and went three-for-four in stolen base attempts

Preseason Pitcher of the Year
    RHP - Max Steffens, Augustana (SR)
    • 2020 NSIC Preseason Pitcher of the Year
    • 2019 NCBWA Division II Second-Team All-American, NCBWA Central Region Pitcher of the Year, NCBWA Central Region First-Team, D2CCA Central Region Pitcher of the Year, NCBA/Rawlings NCAA Division II All-Region First-Team, NSIC Pitcher and Newcomer of the Year, First Team All-NSIC and NSIC Gold Glove Award Winner
    • 2019 stats: Went 9-1 with a 2.77 ERA in 97.1 innings pitched
    • Struck out 68 hitters and had an opponent batting average of .235

Central Region rankings- four NSIC teams- Augie, UMC, MSU, SCSU.

https://northernsun.org/news/2021/5/...announced.aspx

Comment

Congratulations Matt!

Comment

Mavs survive a scoring smogasbord with a 15-9 win over UMC.

SCSU & Augie are on now. What color are those Augie jerseys?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Mavs survive a scoring smogasbord with a 15-9 win over UMC.

SCSU & Augie are on now. What color are those Augie jerseys?
          Gross. I think the color is technically gross...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Gross. I think the color is technically gross...
            Navy is a nice color- probably overused in baseball- but nice and safe. Gold is even better- nice and bright and easy to spot. And white is basic and you can't go wrong. So why wear these Frankenstein creations when you could wear any of those three? I don't know if those are gray- or bleached out like Afrika Korps uniforms- or what. And the numbers are unreadable.

Comment

Navy is a nice color- probably overused in baseball- but nice and safe. Gold is even better- nice and bright and easy to spot. And white is basic and you can't go wrong. So why wear these Frankenstein creations when you could wear any of those three? I don't know if those are gray- or bleached out like Afrika Korps uniforms- or what. And the numbers are unreadable.
              Looks like they tried to combine navy, gold, gray, white and for some reason...a little maroon. But, if your team wins you can go out there in a skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Looks like they tried to combine navy, gold, gray, white and for some reason...a little maroon. But, if your team wins you can go out there in a skirt.
                Reminds me of when you could still get a "soda" at a soda fountain that was made there with syrup. At the Dassel drug store I would get a lemon-lime which pretty much tasted like 7-Up. because I couldn't make up my mind of which one to get. Anyway- they had something called a "suicide" which junior high kids would get. It was a shot of everything. I tried it once- it tasted like crap to me but it was trendy. Usually when you throw everything together it doesn't work.

Comment

Mavs top Vikings 8-5 in a game that took longer than it did to read War and Peace. At one point both teams had left ten on base and I lost track after that.

Vikings now play UMC who beat SCSU earlier today.

Comment

Looks like the Mavericks held on to beat Augie in the Championship. MSU claims it's 6th NSIC Championship

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                      Looks like the Mavericks held on to beat Augie in the Championship. MSU claims it's 6th NSIC Championship
                      I love baseball but those games just go on and on. Not sure how they can shorten them up- you burn up your pitching in these double elim tourneys. Traditionalists will oppose shortening the games to seven innings like they have in high school and college softball. Requiring wooden bats would be too expensive.

Comment

Reminds me of when you could still get a "soda" at a soda fountain that was made there with syrup.
                        Reminds me of when I was in Mankato and asked for a "soda" for the very first time and got polite chuckles. So I ended up doing what everyone else did and ordered by brand name- though my aunt would always use "pop." No use debating I guess.

However, my friends were always fascinated why I ate pizza with one hand instead of two.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Reminds me of when I was in Mankato and asked for a "soda" for the very first time and got polite chuckles. So I ended up doing what everyone else did and ordered by brand name- though my aunt would always use "pop." No use debating I guess.

However, my friends were always fascinated why I ate pizza with one hand instead of two.
                          Have you seen that US map that shows where they say pop, where they say soda, and where they say coke? I was pretty confused when I visited relatives in Alabama and they asked if I'd like a coke. I never drink colas so I didn't answer right away. She said, I have Sprite, Dr Pepper, Orange.......... I picked orange!

I did order a Dr Pepper when I ordered a Frito Pie at the University of LA- Monroe football game with the Gophers. Seemed like it would be required by law. Like when I went to the Gophers at Spartans football game in East Lansing and stopped at a Subway. They didn't have Sprite so I asked what they had. When they came to Vernor's I stopped to have them explain. "You've never heard of Vernor's?" as the two HS waitresses laughed. I told them I was from Minnesota and they explained it was like ginger ale. When I was done eating they both wanted to know if I liked it!

Comment

Have you seen that US map that shows where they say pop, where they say soda, and where they say coke? I was pretty confused when I visited relatives in Alabama and they asked if I'd like a coke. I never drink colas so I didn't answer right away. She said, I have Sprite, Dr Pepper, Orange.......... I picked orange!

I did order a Dr Pepper when I ordered a Frito Pie at the University of LA- Monroe football game with the Gophers. Seemed like it would be required by law. Like when I went to the Gophers at Spartans football game in East Lansing and stopped at a Subway. They didn't have Sprite so I asked what they had. When they came to Vernor's I stopped to have them explain. "You've never heard of Vernor's?" as the two HS waitresses laughed. I told them I was from Minnesota and they explained it was like ginger ale. When I was done eating they both wanted to know if I liked it!
                            I haven't seen that map- I'll Google it. I also avoid soft drinks now. But I had my share of soft drinks well into my twenties. While at Mankato, I usually preferred RC Cola. When I went home after graduation, I would get RC Cola, but it wasn't quite the same.

My friends would also come home from the weekend and stock up on root beer (Barq's IIRC), but I never liked it. Growing up in the northeast, we preferred Stewart's.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I haven't seen that map- I'll Google it. I also avoid soft drinks now. But I had my share of soft drinks well into my twenties. While at Mankato, I usually preferred RC Cola. When I went home after graduation, I would get RC Cola, but it wasn't quite the same.

My friends would also come home from the weekend and stock up on root beer (Barq's IIRC), but I never liked it. Growing up in the northeast, we preferred Stewart's.
                              I stopped drinking colas in junior college. If I have one now the caffeine is like a drug. I don't drink coffee either. I think Barq's Root Beer is terrible, I prefer A&W. I also rarely drink any soft drinks. But I agree, I would pick RC over Coke or Pepsi.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X