Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Missouri vs Augustana

Baseball at it's best - Central Missouri (two time national champion) vs Augustana ( defending national champion).

LET IT FLY MOMMA
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-20-2019, 04:30 AM.

Re: Central Missouri vs Augustana

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Baseball at it's best - Central Missouri (two time national champion) vs Augustana ( defending national champion) Finish reading the MIAA and NSIC posts and then bring your action over here.

LET IT FLY MOMMA
    My expectations are that this will be a highly competitive series, most assuredly going to a third game. AU lost 3 lockdown starters on the pitching staff from the NC team via graduation, but returned most position players. It's my guess that the MIAA is a more competitive baseball conference than the NSIC. After the top 4 or 5 teams there was a significant drop in competitiveness in the NSIC.

Comment

Central Missouri - They're young and talented. Next year they will return all but one or two position starters. A couple of guys might get drafted as juniors. UCM has two guys hitting over .400 and another four guys hitting over .300. Lots of power to drive the ball, but they also have speed and will test the Vikings at every opportunity. The Mules also like to play small ball and mix in the bunt to move guys into scoring position. Starting and relief pitching is solid. It should be an exciting series with Augustana.

Any UCM posters (besides me) making the trip to Sioux Falls?
      Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 05-20-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Right now the weather looks good for Friday and Saturday in Sioux Falls, Temps in the low 70's and only a 10 to 20 percent chance of rain. But, we all know how quick that forcast can change this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
          Central Missouri - They're young and talented. Next year they will return all but one or two position starters. A couple of guys might get drafted as juniors. UCM has two guys hitting over .400 and another four guys hitting over .300. Lots of power to drive the ball, but they also have speed and will test the Vikings at every opportunity. The Mules also like to play small ball and mix in the bunt to move guys into scoring position. Starting and relief pitching is solid. It should be an exciting series with Augustana.

Any UCM posters (besides me) making the trip to Sioux Falls?
          Looking at the MIAA site I compared stats between the Vikings and Mules. Mules hit a lot more Homeruns, Vikings more successful base stealers and lower ERA on pitching staff. Other than those stats they are both very similar.

Comment

I see Dave Van Horn coached UCM to a NC. Great coach! he went to Nebraska and turned that moribund program into winners and after he left for Ark. Nebraska went back to their old ways.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Looking at the MIAA site I compared stats between the Vikings and Mules. Mules hit a lot more Homeruns, Vikings more successful base stealers and lower ERA on pitching staff. Other than those stats they are both very similar.
              The value of statistics is variable depending on the schedule.

Comment

I see Dave Van Horn coached UCM to a NC. Great coach! he went to Nebraska and turned that moribund program into winners and after he left for Ark. Nebraska went back to their old ways.
                Van Horn was head coach at CentralMO for 6 months. Head Coach Dennis Woody resigned after the fall season in 1993 and Van Horn was hired in December. 6 months later he was off to Northwestern State of Louisiana and few years later to Nebraska. In that 6 months, the Mules won their first National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  The value of statistics is variable depending on the schedule.
                  You are correct sir. The Vikings offensive statistics improved during the Central1 tournament.

Comment

You are correct sir. The Vikings offensive statistics improved during the Central1 tournament.
                    As did the Mules pitching statistics in the Central2 tournament. 7 runs allowed in the 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      As did the Mules pitching statistics in the Central2 tournament. 7 runs allowed in the 3 games.
                      7 runs in 3 games, that impressive! Two guys hitting over 400 and more over 300, lots of stolen bases for the Mules. Sounds likes the Vikings are in for a hard challenge. Augie gave up a lot of runs to Oklahoma Baptist in 2 games, 16 off the top of my head.

Comment

I think the Mules are in good shape as long as the Augies don't wear those distracting yellow and gray Hertz Rental Car uniforms.

Comment

Are there any other Augie posters wanting to weigh in or is vikingfaithful the designated torch bearer?

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                            Are there any other Augie posters wanting to weigh in or is vikingfaithful the designated torch bearer?
                            I've met him before. He is more than capable.

I'm waiting for a manifesto from Mister Mister, or the hilarious banter of Augieholic.

Comment

Welcome aboard lake. I'm just trying to flush the Augie posters out the bushes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X