Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mankato men's head coach Mike Hastings has been named an assistant coach for the 2022 US Olympic Team.

https://ccha.com/news/2022/1/6/mens-...mpic-team.aspx
    Millsy

Comment

Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        Broke records for shut outs. I think I'd take a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Broke records for shut outs. I think I'd take a chance on him.

Comment

The NHL Draft is for 18 year olds, which McKay is not. Since he was not drafted at 18, he is a free agent and any NHL team can make him offers after that. If he gets an offer, than it is up to him to determine whether or not he wants to take it.or not. It is all a numbers game out there as you figure each NHL team carries two goalies, each AHL carries two goalies, and so on down the line. There are only so many spots available for goalies, unfortunately.

Has he gotten offers? I would say probably yes, but he probably felt more comfortable getting time at Mankato than he would at whatever level he was going to be put at. I think you will see him at the end of this year end up somewhere, but then like I said, it is a matter of the numbers games when it comes to goalies.
            Millsy

Comment

Speaking of college hockey...
              With the NHL opting out of the Olympics in December, the U.S. Olympic men's hockey roster, announced Thursday, includes 15 current NCAA players.

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

The NHL Draft is for 18 year olds, which McKay is not. Since he was not drafted at 18, he is a free agent and any NHL team can make him offers after that. If he gets an offer, than it is up to him to determine whether or not he wants to take it.or not. It is all a numbers game out there as you figure each NHL team carries two goalies, each AHL carries two goalies, and so on down the line. There are only so many spots available for goalies, unfortunately.

Has he gotten offers? I would say probably yes, but he probably felt more comfortable getting time at Mankato than he would at whatever level he was going to be put at. I think you will see him at the end of this year end up somewhere, but then like I said, it is a matter of the numbers games when it comes to goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                  Speaking of college hockey...
                  I'm probably in the minority here but I'm so old school I get more excited watching college kids in the Olympics rather than the pros.

Most of the world was thrilled to watch the Dream Team for basketball in Barcelona in 1992. I preferred the 1976 team. And the 1984 team which I was able to watch in person in the Metrodome.

And how many Olympic moments topped the Miracle on Ice in 1980?
                  Last edited by laker; 01-14-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm so old school I get more excited watching college kids in the Olympics rather than the pros.

Most of the world was thrilled to watch the Dream Team for basketball in Barcelona in 1992. I preferred the 1976 team.

And how many Olympic moments topped the Miracle on Ice in 1980?
                    I'm old school too and am grateful for it. I agree with you on all counts.

Comment

I don't know if this is good or not for an NAHL squad, but three former Aberdeen Wings have been nominated for the HBA. Pretty good for a team in South Dakota:

Three Former Wings Nominated for Hobey Baker Award - OurSports Central

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        I don't know if this is good or not for an NAHL squad, but three former Aberdeen Wings have been nominated for the HBA. Pretty good for a team in South Dakota:

Three Former Wings Nominated for Hobey Baker Award - OurSports Central
                        I would say that is good for any squad to be able to claim that. Most D-I players of high caliber come from the USHL, so to have a tie to one program in the NA, wow!

I know Bemidji has had a few players from the Wings and they have all been solid. Good program in Aberdeen!
                        Millsy

Comment

Millsy

Comment

To be honest, I have not had a lot of time to follow teams outside of Bemidji with my son's hockey schedule and work. But, what I have seen, they are definitely a lock for the tournament. Once there, anything can happen as there always seems to be a couple of upset.
                            Millsy

Comment

Mavs top the Beavers tonight for their 1000th victory.

Comment

Final weekend and the middle seedings are still on the line:

1. Mankato 62 points (locked, at Michigan Tech )
                                2. Michigan Tech 53 points (locked, hosts Mankato)

Bemidji State 37 points (hosts St. Thomas)
                                Lake Superior State 33 points (hosts Bowling Green)
                                Bowling Green 33 points (at Lake Superior State)
                                Northern Michigan 32 points (host Ferris State)

7. Ferris State 25 points (locked, at Northern Michigan)
                                8. St. Thomas 13 points (locked, at Bemidji State)
                                Last edited by Millsy; 02-25-2022, 09:45 AM.
                                Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X