Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 CCHA Hockey

Today, the CCHA launched their website. Love the CCHA Radio on Demand page where one can access all the various coaches shows from around the league. Also:

-Announced referee microphones to announce decisions through the area PA system
    -Announced additional hi-res/slo-mo cameras to speed up reviews

Conference schedule is to be released on Thursday the 20th. Each team will play 26 conference games.

We already know BSU will play a home and home with North Dakota October 15 in Bemidji and October 16 in Grand Forks, at Arizona State on November 26 and 27, home and home with St. Cloud December 31 (in Bemidji) and January 1 (in St. Cloud), and a home and home with Duluth, dates yet to be announced.
    Millsy

Hopefully the live stream package is on ESPN+ or Peacock or anything but Flo.

Also was hoping for 24 conference games so we could have 5 nonconference weekends (excluding the tournament exception) in order to play UMD,SCSU,UMN, and a couple others as well for variety.

Comment

I for one welcome the departure of the Alaska's and UAH but despise the reforming of the CCHA...Wish they would have finally decided to forge a new path rather than relying on dead leagues histories

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        I for one welcome the departure of the Alaska's and UAH but despise the reforming of the CCHA...Wish they would have finally decided to forge a new path rather than relying on dead leagues histories
        I thought the same thing when they first announced the reformation of the CCHA. But in the past few years, I've really come to like the teams in the new CCHA. It's a fresh start unlike the WCHA that was cobbled together out of necessity.

Comment

Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh has announced they are dropping men's and women's hockey.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/05/26/due...e-immediately/
          Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I thought the same thing when they first announced the reformation of the CCHA. But in the past few years, I've really come to like the teams in the new CCHA. It's a fresh start unlike the WCHA that was cobbled together out of necessity.
            I have no problems with the teams in the CCHA, I just wish that they would have made a new path. New name, new trophies, new everything

Comment

Alaska-Anchorage head coach Matt Curley has resigned his position. UAA will not initiate a search for a head coach until they determine whether or not the program will be saved.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/06/14/aft...chorage-coach/
              Millsy

Comment

Comment

As I posted over on the football forum, I will believe it once they ice a team. With so many schools dropping hockey right now and all the rumors that swirl about schools adding hockey, it is hard to get excited until the team is actually on the ice.
                  Millsy

Comment

Augustana Confirms Plans to Start D-I Hockey Program : College Hockey News

Comment

Still not holding my breath.....
                      Millsy

Comment

UAH Hockey had a blog post that Atlantic Hockey has voted "no" on expansion. From the sounds of it, Alabama-Huntsville, Long Island U and another unnamed school applied.

https://uahhockey.com/blog/2021/07/1...McyppfAak0p3yZ Q
                        Millsy

Comment

And now, Robert Morris in Pittsburgh, who announced they were discontinuing their men's' and women's' hockey programs, may now reinstate them.... There is currently a $7 million fundraising campaign going on with a deadline of July 31.

For reference, Anchorage has been trying to raise $3 million for the last two seasons and is still around $500,000 short.
                          Last edited by Millsy; 07-15-2021, 12:27 PM.
                          Millsy

Comment

MSU assistant coach Darren Blue resigns to go into private sector. His wife Jen was the MSU cross country coach- not sure what her plans are.

Darren Blue Resigns Assistant Men's Hockey Coaching Post to Enter Private Sector - Minnesota State University - Mankato Athletics (msumavericks.com)

Comment

Alaska Anchorage will be reinstated in 2022-23. Long road ahead of them with no team, no coach, no conference and a questionable arena situation.
                              Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X