X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 D2 women's soccer

MSU-Mankato ties D1 St Thomas 1-1.

Comment

Central Missouri went 3-0-1 between the preseason ranking and the first weekly poll, with the tie being against the #1 team in the country, and they dropped from #6 to #19 lolol. I mean, what?
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

MSU Mankato Mavericks beat top ranked and defending national champs 1-0 on the road. Jenny Vetter scored the winning goal with about 5 minutes left. Oddly enough, she did the same thing to Grand Valley back on Sept 15, 2019 when she hit the game winner at home to win 1-0.

Comment

Comment

Why can't the NCAA actually put out a regional ranking, rather than just a list of teams in the region who are in consideration. What is posted on the NCAA website is an alphabetical list of the schools from each region. Why?

Comment

Kendall Robertson, GVSU goalkeeper, was named GLIAC Goalkeeper of the Year.........and then put on the All-GLIAC Second Team.

I'm sorry, what?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                Kendall Robertson, GVSU goalkeeper, was named GLIAC Goalkeeper of the Year.........and then put on the All-GLIAC Second Team.

I'm sorry, what?
                That makes no sense at all. You would think that the first teamer would get GOTY- or more likely, she should have been on the first team. Something is messed up here.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

That makes no sense at all. You would think that the first teamer would get GOTY- or more likely, she should have been on the first team. Something is messed up here.
                  Rumor has it that since you can't vote for your own players, one coach voted her as the Goalie of the Year, but then lowered her ranking on the All-conference voting in order to get their own goalie on the first team. Everyone knew the voting should be Robertson 1, this other goalie 2, but then the other coach put Robertson further down the list so their own goalie would get 1st team. So the voting ended up having Robertson with a bunch of #1 votes and then a last-place vote, and then this other goalie with a bunch of #2 votes, enough to get her first team over Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Rumor has it that since you can't vote for your own players, one coach voted her as the Goalie of the Year, but then lowered her ranking on the All-conference voting in order to get their own goalie on the first team. Everyone knew the voting should be Robertson 1, this other goalie 2, but then the other coach put Robertson further down the list so their own goalie would get 1st team. So the voting ended up having Robertson with a bunch of #1 votes and then a last-place vote, and then this other goalie with a bunch of #2 votes, enough to get her first team over Robertson.
                    When I coached baseball in Iowa we were conference champs by a couple of games. My third baseman/right hand pitcher got 2nd team when his play and stats should have been first team. One team didn't send their coach so their SOFTBALL coach (we did both at the same place) voted. She didn't like me because we had beaten her twice (and our softball team was as bad as our baseball team was good). That was a screw job but what can you do? Some coaches just aren't ethical.

Comment

Bemidji State 2, Augustana 0 in the first NSIC Semifinal
                      Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                        Bemidji State 2, Augustana 0 in the first NSIC Semifinal
                        I got there for the Mav shootout loss to Minot. Outshoot them 23-8, lopsided corners but the only thing that counts are goals. Now we will have Green Beavers vs Red Beavers on Sunday. Mavs will have to wait for Monday to see how things pan out. Should make the playoffs but probably lost their chance to host in the first round. Although the selection committee puts more weight on the regular season so who knows?

Millsy, I did rush downtown after the game to see the last 12 minutes of the Mav women's 4-1 win over Sacred Heart. I think that the Pioneers had more fans that the Mavs there.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I got there for the Mav shootout loss to Minot. Outshoot them 23-8, lopsided corners but the only thing that counts are goals. Now we will have Green Beavers vs Red Beavers on Sunday. Mavs will have to wait for Monday to see how things pan out. Should make the playoffs but probably lost their chance to host in the first round. Although the selection committee puts more weight on the regular season so who knows?

Millsy, I did rush downtown after the game to see the last 12 minutes of the Mav women's 4-1 win over Sacred Heart. I think that the Pioneers had more fans that the Mavs there.
                          A BSU win over Minot may get the Green Beavers into a hosting role on the shores of beautiful Lake Bemidji.
                          Millsy

Comment

A BSU win over Minot may get the Green Beavers into a hosting role on the shores of beautiful Lake Bemidji.
                            Probably correct, although if Emporia State beats UCM they'll be close.

Comment

I would agree. I wonder if Minot will make the field- it would be tough to get three NSIC teams in. And would they send MSU up to BSU or drop them down to Central Missouri. UCM was up 3-0 before Emporia tied it up but they did pull out the win. I guess we will find out officially tomorrow night. Inkblot, what are your thoughts?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X