Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 NCAA Hockey

Not sure how much updating I will be able to do this year (work is crazy busy and the kiddos are another year older, meaning more sport travels), but the 2022-23 NCAA hockey season is upon us. Feel free to chime in with games you see, thoughts you have, etc.

One thing of interest out of Bemidji is that they will host next season's (2023-24) Icebreaker with North Dakota. Army and Wisconsin are the other two opponents and will rotate between Bemidji and Grand Forks.

I think it is a great move by the Icebreaker committee to go to two sites. This year is the first year they are trying it with Denver and Air Force hosting it. Maine and Notre Dame will be making this the trip to the foothills of the Rockies to complete this year's field. In listening to Tom Serratore on his radio show this week out of Bemidji, the move to two hosts was due to the fact that very few would be present at the game the host was not playing in on Friday and Saturday (games were usually at 3 and 7). By having two host sites, you get two 7 PM games both days with a host school playing in each game. If both Bemidji and UND sell out the games, you could have over 15,000 fans each night (11,000+ in Grand Forks, 4300+ in Bemidji)! I see no problems with UND selling out, hopefully the Beaver faithful show up in decent numbers.

BSU opens their season this weekend hosting Arizona State. ASU opened last weekend at Duluth, suffering two losses to the hands of the Bulldogs. They stayed in Minnesota for the week, so the Sun Devils should not be dealing with any travel legs.
    Millsy

Back in October of 2014, I was looking for something to do in Fairbanks after I spent the previous day on a tour of the Dalton Highway and the Arctic Circle. So I went to the arena and watched the Nanooks play. And I've been a fan of their hockey team ever since. Go Nanooks!

​​​​​​
    Last edited by crixus; 10-07-2022, 01:11 AM.

Comment

https://alaskananooks.com/sports/men...hedule/2022-23

​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Mavs split with Gophers, both winning on home ice.

Comment

Bemidji State split with Arizona State, falling 3-0 (ENG) on Friday, winning 5-4 in OT on Saturday.

The Beavers have this next weekend off before traveling to Michigan Tech in two weeks.
          Millsy

Comment

Made it to three of the four Mav games this year thus far - not bad given I live 3 hours away from Kato.

Next week against STC should be interesting. Mavs will play every other team in Minnesota this season, but it just isn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Made it to three of the four Mav games this year thus far - not bad given I live 3 hours away from Kato.

Next week against STC should be interesting. Mavs will play every other team in Minnesota this season, but it just isn't the same.
              Bemidji gets every other team in Minnesota as well, granted the Goofer game is just an exhibition, but yeah, it isn't that same.
              Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Bemidji gets every other team in Minnesota as well, granted the Goofer game is just an exhibition, but yeah, it isn't that same.
                The attendance at Mariucci was brutal. Interestingly, the Saturday night games favored UMD in terms of stated attendance. Just not as much riding on the game when it's non-con.

Crowd was much hotter for the Gophers than the Bulldogs though. That was cool.

Comment

BSU opens up their CCHA schedule taking 5 of 6 points at Michigan Tech. 5-2 victory and then a 3-2 shootout victory on Saturday.
                  Millsy

Comment

Bemidji State has a home and home with #2 St. Cloud State this weekend. Friday night in Bemidji, Saturday night in St. Cloud.
                    Millsy

Comment

The Beavers knock off #2 St. Cloud State 3-1 (ENG)
                      Millsy

Comment

Bemidji State hosts Ferris State for a pair of CCHA games this weekend
                        Millsy

Comment

BSU ties Ferris State both nights. On Friday, Ferris got the extra CCHA point with a shootout win, Saturday went to the Beavers with an overtime win.

Up next for the Beavers, a trip to Northern Michigan.
                          Millsy

Comment

Gopher hockey has declined to continue their scheduling agreement with St. Cloud State. This upcoming weekend is the last time the Huskies will play the Gophers in the foreseeable future.

Comment

I watched Alaska Fairbanks Nanooks at Alaska Anchorage Seawolves last week in The Governors Cup series on YouTube. It was a great game. Anchorage had a 3-1 lead but Fairbanks fought back to win it 4-3 in overtime. Thank you to the Seawolves for streaming the game for free.

​​​​​​https://alaskananooks.com/news/2023/...anchorage.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X