Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 NSIC Baseball

Anyone know where a guy can get ahold of an application for the Mankato baseball job?

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Anyone know where a guy can get ahold of an application for the Mankato baseball job?
    This is where I applied:

https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com

Comment

The final regular season NSIC baseball standings:

(Look at you Crookston!)

1. Augustana (39-16, 28-7)
      2. Minnesota State-Mankato (35-13, 25-8)
      3. Minnesota-Crookston (36-18, 26-10)
      4. St. Cloud State (28-17, 20-10)
      5. Southwest Minnesota State (27-15, 19-13)
      6. Minot State (29-17, 20-14)
      7. Wayne State (24-24, 18-16)
      7. Winona State (22-27, 18-16)
      9. Mary (23-27, 16-19)
      10. Upper Iowa (19-27, 15-19)
      11. Concordia-St. Paul (17-28, 13-18)
      12. Sioux Falls (15-35, 14-22)
      13. Minnesota-Duluth (19-28, 12-22)
      14. Northern State (11-31, 6-25)
      15. Bemidji State (2-46, 1-32)

NSIC Tournament begins on Wednesday, May 10 p in North Dakota

#1 Augustana
      #8 Wayne State

#4 St. Cloud State
      #5 Southwest Minnesota State

#3 Minnesota-Crookston
      #6 Minot State

#2 Minnesota State-Mankato
      #7 Winona State

Comment

St. Cloud State wins the NSIC Baseball Tournament.

Three NSIC teams make the NCAA Division II Central Region Tournament

Central Region #1 - at Warrensburg, Missouri

#1 Central Missouri (41-13)
        #8 St. Cloud State (32-18)

#4 Ouachita Baptist (37-17)
        #5 Augustana (42-18)

==========================

Central Region #2 - at Joplin, Missouri

#2 Missouri Southern State (42-15)
        #7 Arkansas Tech (32-20)

#3 Southern Arkansas (39-16)
        #6 Minnesota State-Mankato (39-15)

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
          St. Cloud State wins the NSIC Baseball Tournament.

Three NSIC teams make the NCAA Division II Central Region Tournament
          Three teams in, I hope someone can win a few games.

Comment

Augie and St. Cloud coming to Warrensburg. I live 40 minutes away in KC, so I'll take off a couple of days to attend the games. Weather looks good except for AM rain on Friday.

GO MULES

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Three teams in, I hope someone can win a few games.
              The NSIC was 2-1 on the first day with Mankato beating Southern Ark and Augi beating Ouachita. St Cloud lost to CentralMO. The GAC was 0-3 as Southern beat Ark Tech making the MIAA 2-0.

The Southern win ended their 12 game NCAA tournament losing streak. Southern lost in the 1991 NCAA championship game. The following year they made it back to Montgomery winning their first game and then losing 2. They went 0-2 in the 1995, 2001, 2013, 2015 & 2019 regionals.

Comment

Mankato & Augi are the last undefeated teams. Southern & CentralMO hope the win the first game tomorrow to force the "if" game.

NSIC is 5-2 (St Cloud is both losses and both to CentralMO)
                MIAA is 4-2
                GAC is 1-6, that's the worst a conference can do with 3 teams because at least 2 teams would be in the same sub regional and would play each other in the 2nd round loser's game. The only game the GAC won was Southern Ark over Ark Tech.

The MIAA pulled this off back in 2013. Western & Southern went 0-2 while CentralMO went 1-2 beating Southern. That was back in the old 6 team region days but the games play out the same. If all 3 lose their first game, 2 of them would play each other on day 2 so 1-6 is the worst you could do then also.

Comment

Augie will host Mankato in next week's super regional. Southern did force the "if" game with Mankato but CentralMO allowed 2 3-run homers (Dirksen & Pinnow) in the 5th inning and lost 8-6 in the first game.

I've only watched him play a few times but Dirksen looked great behind the plate.

Comment

I thought Augie's powder blues looked much better than the UPS delivery guy uniforms I've seen in the past.

Comment

Having \watched quite a few of the games over the weekend, the Warrensburg games were very competitive all 4 teams played well. The games in Joplin had some booming bats. At the end of the season in the NSIC I thought Kato and Cloud were playing the best baseball, but Augie came through this weekend. Should be good ball Fri and Sat in Sioux Falls. "Hey selection committee why don't you let the North host a central regional"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        I thought Augie's powder blues looked much better than the UPS delivery guy uniforms I've seen in the past.
                        I thought you were going to refer to the powder blues as pajamas!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

God, those UPS delivery driver / airport parking lot attendant uniforms were the worst ever. I'm guessing there was a player revolt, and those uniforms were burned.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            "Hey selection committee why don't you let the North host a central regional"

You got the bigger prize, the Super Regional. The damn Augies foiled UCM again.

Go Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

You got the bigger prize, the Super Regional. The damn Augies foiled UCM again.

Go Vikings
                              Well the mules came up to Sioux Falls and sent the Viks packing in 2019. The rivalry between UCM and AU is fun. Looks like your baseball team returns almost everybody next season, surely they will meet again. I wish the two conferences played more in FB and other sports. I

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X