Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Well the mules came up to Sioux Falls and sent the Viks packing in 2019. The rivalry between UCM and AU is fun. Looks like your baseball team returns almost everybody next season, surely they will meet again. I wish the two conferences played more in FB and other sports. I

UCM and Augie, two killer baseball programs!

Comment

5-0 becomes 5-4 with bases loaded and two outs. Full count, pitch was inside for ball four. Game tied. Wait- ump calls it strike three for the batter leaning into it. Game over.

The game certainly is being called differently than when I was playing and coaching. Add to that the obstruction calls at home plate (watching College World Series women's games) where the batter is tagged out but then called safe even though the ball beat the runner to the plate. If I was Augie I would be very upset..............

Comment

Augustana the #7 seed in the CWS plays #2 seed North Greenville University on Sun June 4th at 6pm. NGU a small Baptist university in Greenville SC. NGU is a tough draw as they finished 49-9 and were 2022 national champions. NGU is ranked #1 in the country. Personally, I did not think Augie would get this far, they have played well the past two weeks and hopefully they keep it up.
        Last edited by vikingfaithful; 05-30-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Getting on a roll at tourney time can be magic.

Go Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Go Vikings
            Just look at Tulane. True Cinderella.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Go Vikings
              Was looking at the NCAA D2 baseball website and saw the Mules have been to the CWS 16 times in the last 30 years, that is an amazing statistic, including the 2021 championship game. If Augie not there I'll be cheering for any other Central region team, judging by history it will probably be UCM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X