#5: Clark Atlanta @ Mississippi College (Thursday)
#4: Albany State @ Valdosta State (Saturday)
#3: Catawba @ West Georgia (Saturday), I think the odds are in the favor of Jackson and others in the UWG backfield having a good night while catching a new Indians line still getting their legs under them.

#2: Delta State @ Tarleton State (Thursday)#1: Carson Newman @ West Florida (Thursday) NCAA D2 Showcase and will be broadcast on ESPN3.com and WATCH ESPN app.

What about us?

The rest of the conference will be starting the season off with some interesting games, as well. The first one that is on my radar will be Florida TechNorth GreenvilleWest Alabama to have the game in control by early in the 3rd quarter. Likewise, I expect Samford to be playing personnel as if it were a preseason scrimmage against Shorter.

Seasonal Musing DisorderWest Florida can keep their roll going after returning so many from a young squad or if West AlabamaWest Georgiaplays two FCS teamsthree out-of-region D2 road games scheduled. Odd. But, I know scheduling was probably tough during a region change.

A fourth team, in my opinion, would be Valdosta State. They were such a different team at the end of the season than they were at the beginning and you just have to wonder how the canceled game and other adversity ultimately changed the course of the season. I like who they have coming back and think they could possibly return to the postseason in 2018.

Andy Davis has followed GSC sports since 1985 and proudly covered the conference for D2Football.com since 2014. He is a past contributor to the D2 Football Preview, TimesDaily, and Franklin County Times as well as having appeared on ESPN Pensacola radio. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy this content? I enjoy coffee!! Support my blog via Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Y8Y7HIC3

(Photo Courtesy Wildwood Christian Church)