Lewis HayesLaPerion PerryWillie Candler was named GSC Offensive Player of the Week after passing for 254 yards and three touchdowns. Defensive standout Montrell PardueMy Pick: Wolves by 35

Cardell RawlingsJ.T. Hassell, who led the game last week with 10 total tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two forced fumbles. He has three total this season, which ranks him second nationally. Trent Chmelik led the offense by passing for 191 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception. I think getting the ball to senior leader Antwuan HaynesMy Pick: Panthers by 7

Harry SatterwhiteJordan Bennett Will HunterBrandon Burger and Dominque Hunt who both contributed seven tackles each this past contest.

This game is the GSC Game of the Week and will be broadcast on ESPN3 and the Watch ESPN app. It may be a surprise pick to some but, unless Qa Boyd returns at 100%, this could go the way of the Crusaders up in South Carolina.

My Pick: Crusaders by 3

The Argos go on the road again this week to face the Statesmen in a battle of two teams that seem to be on different trajectories. West Florida has played a decent schedule so far and is still ranked in the Top 10 despite one loss. Delta State leads the series 2-0 but is winless this year, yet, did find a spark on offense last week.

UWF leads the nation in fumble recoveries (8) and the conference in passing offense (311 ypg) as QB Sam Vaughn has really settled into their passing game nicely. He leads the GSC averaging 304.5 ypg after throwing for 380 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception in their win at MC. Senior receiver Tate Lehtio leads the conference with 308 total yards and 5.8 catches per game on average while senior receiver Ishmel Morrow is third in the league with 267 total reception yards and fourth with 4.8 catches per game. The Argos only led the Choctaws by three points early in the 3rd Quarter but went on to outscore them by seven in the final half to seal the win. On defense, Josh Smiley and Gavin Burford contributed eight tackles each while Smiley also had two TFLs, a forced fumble, and recovery.

Speaking of teams that have played a very tough schedule, DSU has done just that after starting with (now ranked) Tarleton and ranked GVSU before beginning conference play. As I mentioned, there was a flash of hope on offense last week as the Statesmen had over 400 yards of total offense and tallied 20 points for the first time this season. QB Patrick Shegog passed for a career-high 295 yards as Tyler Harrell had six catches for 137 yards. The defense was anchored by standout Ovenson Cledonard with 12 total tackles and one TFL. On special teams, Trey Roberson is second in the conference on kick returns averaging 25.5 ypr while Cody MillsMy Pick: Argos by 17

VSU travels to face off with the Choctaws this weekend in what could be a pretty good game. The Blazers lead the series 9-8-1 but they are 4-0 since MC rejoined the conference. However, Valdosta State escaped Clinton with only a one-point win their last trip to town.

The Blazers had a bumpy first half last week and only had a 10-point advantage at the half before exploding for 42 second-half points. Through the first four games, they lead the nation in defensive touchdowns thanks to three pick sixes. They also rank fifth nationally in total offense (523.3 ypg) and eighth in rushing defense (67.5 ypg) along with being in the Top 10 for first down offense (102), team sacks (4.5 spg), red zone defense (.500), you get the idea. Those, obviously, translate to VSU leading many statistical categories in the GSC. Helping out on offense last week was another one of their talented underclassmen. Seth McGill rushed for 98 yards and two touchdowns before being named the third-consecutive GSC Freshman of the Week for the Blazers. The Black Swarm defense is anchored by Jameon Gaskin with nine total tackles and 1.5 tackle for loss.

MC has really impressed me, so far, especially in the improvement category. The Choctaws have offense this season with a workhorse QB Detric Hawthorn. He leads the league in rushing with an average of 106.7 yards per game. Yet, last week, while he got his 104 yards of rushing, it was running back Tiberias Lampkin that led the team with 110 yards on the ground. On defense, Turner Rotenberry with eight total tackles and one interception. Wide receiver Chakel GatesMy Pick: Blazers by 14

Andy Davis has followed GSC sports since 1985 and proudly covered the conference for D2Football.com since 2014. He is a past contributor to the D2 Football Preview, TimesDaily, and Franklin County Times as well as having appeared on ESPN Pensacola radio. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy this content? I enjoy coffee!! Support my blog via Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Y8Y7HIC3