Lindenwood 14
Nebraska Kearney 41
Northeastern State 14
Washburn 58

The Ichabods jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first quarter before the Riverhawks were able to get on the board with a 73 yard TD pass from Jake Pruitt to Ryheem Brummitt at the beginning of the second quarter. A little while after the Ichabods answered with another TD to make it 28-7, the Riverhawks added another touchdown to make it a two score game and gave the Riverhawk faithful some hope. Unfortunately for those folks, the Ichabods were able to tack on another score before the half to make it 34-14, and the second half was all Washburn. The Ichabods ran for 352 yards and held NSU to -4 yards on the ground, and outgained the Riverhawks by almost 400 yards of total offense, improving to 3-3 and dropping NSU to 0-6.

Central Missouri 26
Central Oklahoma 33
Missouri Western State 33
Missouri Southern State 10
Fort Hays State 24
Emporia State 28
Northwest Missouri State 31
Pittsburg State 7
Thoughts on the First Half of the SeasonFirst Playoff Watch of 2018Undefeated:

Ouachita Baptist (vs. SAU, at HSU)
Southern Arkansas (at SEOSU, at HSU, at OBU)
Ferris State (at GVSU, at SVSU, vs Davenport)
Grand Valley State (vs. FSU, at Davenport, at SVSU, vs. Ashland)
Davenport (vs. GVSU, vs. Ashland, at FSU, vs. SVSU)

One Loss Teams:

Saginaw Valley State (vs FSU, vs. GVSU, at Davenport)
Indianapolis (vs. McKendree, at TSU)
Northwest Missouri State (vs. UNK, vs. FHSU, at UCM)
Pittsburg State (at FHSU, vs. UCM, at MWSU, vs. WU)

Two Loss Teams:

Harding (vs. SEOSU)
Southeast Oklahoma State (vs. SAU, at HSU, at Harding)
Missouri S&T (at McKendree)
Truman State (at UIndy)
Fort Hays State (vs. PSU, at UNK, at NWMSU)
Missouri Western State (vs. UCO, at ESU, vs. PSU, at UNK)
Nebraska Kearney (at NWMSU, vs. FHSU, at UCM, vs. MWSU, at WU)

Three Loss Teams:Week 7 Previews

I don't know when the last time a year was so hard to predict before this year; perhaps in 2003 when the league ended in a five way tie? I do know that this year has hands down been the hardest to predict since I began writing this column in 2015. Week 7 comes with yet another handful of games that could go either way. Heck, as rough as NSU and MSSU have had it for the last year and a half, I can't say I would be all that shocked if either team won this week. Surprised, sure, but not shocked. It has been that kind of year. While I'm not very confident that the unpredictability of the league will mean good things in the playoffs, it sure has been fun. Let's see what's on tap for this week:

Central Oklahoma (3-3) at Missouri Western State (4-2) 1PM
Homecoming
Emporia State (3-3) at Central Missouri (3-3) 1PM
Military Appreciation Day
Missouri Southern State (0-6) at Washburn (3-3) 1PM
Homecoming

Washburn is most likely looking to go to another bowl game this year, as they absolutely must win out and still get about ten other things to happen to get into the playoffs. However, even winning out will be easier said than done. While they should win their Homecoming and iron out some kinks, the rest of their schedule is all against teams that are also presently still alive in the playoff hunt. The woes of the Lion defense are well documented, but they have shown some signs of life on offense, albeit few and far between. Having said that, the only team the Lions have faced with a defense in the bottom half of the league is Lindenwood. With Washburn right in the middle of the pack, it will be interesting to see if they can make some things happen in Topeka and help give their defense a little break. If not, this will be yet another game that will be effectively over at the half. I look for the Ichabods pound the ball on the ground and then give Mitch Shurig an opportunity to hit a big play through the air. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

MSSU 21
WU 51

Lindenwood (2-4) at Northeastern State (0-6) 2PM
Pink Out Game
Nebraska Kearney (4-2) at #7 Northwest Missouri State (5-1) 2PM
Homecoming
#17 Pittsburg State (5-1) at Fort Hays State (4-2) 2PM
Hall of Fame Game