(Courtesy MC Athletics)

Well, here we are just a few weeks before the end of the regular season and the drama is high for some while others may already be looking to the offseason even more so than last week.

This weekend we have another all-GSC slate of games as Valdosta State has the week off. Only two teams are ranked in the Top 25 polls as West Georgia and the Blazers continue to hold their spots in the Top 10.

This week will put the final two weeks a bit more in focus as a couple of the games should clarify the conference race a bit more.

The first set of Regional Rankings were interesting, as always, and the Gulf South Conference is looking pretty good. West Georgia is atop the rankings with Valdosta State in second while Florida Tech is in the fourth position of the standings.

It appears as if the Wolves and Blazers are setting themselves up for a battle of the unbeatens during the final game of the season but a lot could change before then. Or not. We shall see.

It's not usually wise to put a lot of stock into these first couple of weeks of the Regional Rankings.

Battle of Winless TeamsTyler PullumMy Pick: Statesmen by 10

Choctaws on the RiseDerric Hawthorn was named Defensive Player of the Week and Calvin Sims Jr.Devontae JacksonOmar Cervantes was named Special Teams Player of the Week and could possibly play a key role in this one.

It will be interesting to see how well the Wolves adjust to defending the option but I give them the advantage through four quarters.

My Pick: Wolves by 14

Letdown for what?

Both of these teams are coming off losses last week - the second consective for the Argos. How will each move forward? There are only two options, really. Be letdown and flounder these remaining games or get back up and fight. Both have quarterbacks with strong arms as each has had games this season where they have passed for nearly 400 yards. I have no doubt that Sam VaughnWill HunterMy Pick: Argos by 9

Showdown in LivingstonRomell GuerrierHarry SatterwhiteMy Pick: Panthers by 3

Andy Davis has followed GSC sports since 1985 and proudly covered the conference for D2Football.com since 2014. He is a past contributor to the D2 Football Preview, TimesDaily, and Franklin County Times as well as having appeared on ESPN Pensacola radio. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy this content? I enjoy coffee!! Support my blog via Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Y8Y7HIC3