7. Albany State (7-3, 7-3)
8. Wingate (7-3, 7-3)
9. Virginia Union (7-2, 7-2)
10. Fayetteville State (6-2, 6-2)

Lions saying a final goodbyeMy Pick: Lions by 17

Magnolia State ChampsMy Pick: Choctaws by 3

Panthers play for their livesMy Pick: Panthers by 31

Win and the Tigers are likely in

This was a big matchup last season and helped send the Argos to the playoffs. The ties between the two squads (mainly the UWA alumni-turned-coach being from Pensacola) and regular season finale make this one another fun game this weekend. Yet, a win this year by UWF would only play the role of spoiler for West Alabama. West Florida has so many injuries at key positions that they will have to rely on some talented vets to have their best games to win this one.

After a topsy-turvy opening to the year, the Tigers have done well to overcome the adversity and be right back in the playoff discussion like I knew they could be. I voted for UWA as a Top 10 team to begin the season. If they can rebound and make a run during the second season remains to be seen. They must play like this is a playoff game and do what it takes for the win at home.

My Pick: Tigers by 10

Top 5 Battle for the GSC TitleMy Pick: Blazers by 4

GSC Championship Notes (via GSC Football Weekly)

Andy Davis has followed GSC sports since 1985 and proudly covered the conference for D2Football.com since 2014. He is a past contributor to the D2 Football Preview, TimesDaily, and Franklin County Times as well as having appeared on ESPN Pensacola radio. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy this content? I enjoy coffee!! Support my blog via Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Y8Y7HIC3