• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrifFan
    replied
    Re: MWSU

Swept on the road.

Women dig a deep hole in the first half and fall to previously winless Quincy 59-45.

Men lead by 7 at half, but give up 51 in the second half to fall 76-63.

Thanksgiving tournaments at home for the women (vs. St Mary Friday and William Jewell Saturday) and at UMSL for the men (vs UMSL Friday and Maryville Saturday).

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Been away for a couple of days. Griffon men beat Missouri S&T Saturday 89-79 to move to 4-1, the first time they've beaten four straight Division II opponents since 2010.

The women lost their home opener to Regis, 55-51 to fall to 2-2.

Both are at Quincy tonight for a non-con doubleheader.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Oh, I just was meaning in general -- seemed to be taking it really hard for the third game of the season against a quality opponent. That's all I meant.
    True story. Coach Ed doesn't like losing much.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    I don't think it was about losing to Truman as much as it was about the way they lost.
    Oh, I just was meaning in general -- seemed to be taking it really hard for the third game of the season against a quality opponent. That's all I meant.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Jeez, that played like a eulogy. You would have thought they lost to the Little Sisters of the Poor, not on the road to a D2 team picked in the top-third of their league (who won in St. Joseph last year).
    I don't think it was about losing to Truman as much as it was about the way they lost.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied

"The positive is ... we practice tomorrow so we can get better." Griffon women suffer first loss of the season at Truman State:

https://twitter.com/gogriffons/statu...77070247690240
    Jeez, that played like a eulogy. You would have thought they lost to the Little Sisters of the Poor, not on the road to a D2 team picked in the top-third of their league (who won in St. Joseph last year).

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

"The positive is ... we practice tomorrow so we can get better." Griffon women suffer first loss of the season at Truman State:

https://twitter.com/gogriffons/statu...77070247690240

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied

Indeed and just not sure how good those two teams we played last weekend will be. Guess we will find out in due time.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Frosty
    replied

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
    Maybe even the 3rd best of the week.
    Doesn't mean he had a bad week ... just not as good as Cam Martin's ...

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
    He may have been the second-best player of the week ...
    Maybe even the 3rd best of the week.

Leave a comment:

• Frosty
    replied

Hightower named MIAA Player of the Week: https://gogriffons.com/news/2018/11/...-the-week.aspx
    He may have been the second-best player of the week ...

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied

Hightower played well. I had just started another thread on this subject prior to the post here. It appears the MIAA, based on the wording of its release, actually named Hightower the Player of the Weeks, having counted stats from all four of his games from the past two weeks of play.

I will stand by my own opinion that our guy Cam Martin put up better numbers this past week, but Hightower is definitely off to a strong start as well. Congrats!

I think we have a fun and competitive season ahead.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Hightower named MIAA Player of the Week: https://gogriffons.com/news/2018/11/...-the-week.aspx

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

3-1 against four solid teams, and our best game may have been the loss. The defense has been good enough to overcome dry spells offensively.

The women beat SW Minn by 12 to go to 2-0.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X