X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canary3
    replied
    Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Great first half from USI. Everyone playing well. Little getting 2 fouls may have been a blessing in disguise because of Dancy's huge first half! Hope Stein continues to get shots up; more will fall in the 2nd half.

If USI wins, what time do we play tomorrow? Planning on making the 3.5 hour drive to watch if we win. Will there be tickets available?

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonOfMafia
    replied

Maybe Stein will have a little more pep tonight after being shafted for All-American!

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied
    Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
    Looks like the Eagles have another All American to contend with against West Texas A&M. What will this be the 7th time this year counting the four games with Eberhard from Bellarmine and McCullum of Lewis? GLVC was well represented.

Gage Davis, St. Cloud State, 6-4, Senior, Guard, Bolingbrook, Ill.
    Jacobo Diaz, IUP, 6-9, Senior, Forward, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
    Adam Eberhard, Bellarmine, 6-8, Senior, Forward, Evansville, Ind.
    Tim Guers, Saint Anselm, 6-3, Senior, Guard, Langhorne, Pa.
    Chris Hansen, UCSD, 6-7, Junior, C, Lafayette, Calif.
    Amir Hinton, Shaw, 6-5, Junior, Guard, Philadelphia, Pa.
    Daulton Hommes, Point Loma Nazarene, 6-8, Junior, Guard, Lynden, Wash.
    Ryan Richmond, Bentley, 6-1, Senior, Guard, Toronto, Ont., Canada
    Johnathan Lawton, Florida Southern, 6-2, Senior, Guard, Williamstown, N.J.
    Kendale McCullum, Lewis, 6-1, Senior, Guard, Elgin, Ill.
    Brandon Parker, Francis Marion, 6-3, Senior, Forward, Sumter, S.C.
    Ryan Quaid, West Texas A&M, 6-6, Senior, Guard, Fort Collins, Col.
    Marquill Smith, West Georgia, 6-4, Senior, Guard, Miami Gardens, Fla.
    Ben Sonnefeld, Colorado School of Mines, 6-3, Senior, Guard, Katy, Texas
    Shaun Willett, Queens, 6-4, Senior, Forward, Palm Bay, Fla.
    Joey Witthus, Northwest Missouri State, 6-7, Senior, Guard, Chanhassen, Minn.

Leave a comment:

• WalkerEaglefan83
    replied

Looks like the Eagles have another All American to contend with against West Texas A&M. What will this be the 7th time this year counting the four games with Eberhard from Bellarmine and McCullum of Lewis? GLVC was well represented.

Gage Davis, St. Cloud State, 6-4, Senior, Guard, Bolingbrook, Ill.
    Jacobo Diaz, IUP, 6-9, Senior, Forward, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
    Adam Eberhard, Bellarmine, 6-8, Senior, Forward, Evansville, Ind.
    Tim Guers, Saint Anselm, 6-3, Senior, Guard, Langhorne, Pa.
    Chris Hansen, UCSD, 6-7, Junior, C, Lafayette, Calif.
    Amir Hinton, Shaw, 6-5, Junior, Guard, Philadelphia, Pa.
    Daulton Hommes, Point Loma Nazarene, 6-8, Junior, Guard, Lynden, Wash.
    Ryan Richmond, Bentley, 6-1, Senior, Guard, Toronto, Ont., Canada
    Johnathan Lawton, Florida Southern, 6-2, Senior, Guard, Williamstown, N.J.
    Kendale McCullum, Lewis, 6-1, Senior, Guard, Elgin, Ill.
    Brandon Parker, Francis Marion, 6-3, Senior, Forward, Sumter, S.C.
    Ryan Quaid, West Texas A&M, 6-6, Senior, Guard, Fort Collins, Col.
    Marquill Smith, West Georgia, 6-4, Senior, Guard, Miami Gardens, Fla.
    Ben Sonnefeld, Colorado School of Mines, 6-3, Senior, Guard, Katy, Texas
    Shaun Willett, Queens, 6-4, Senior, Forward, Palm Bay, Fla.
    Joey Witthus, Northwest Missouri State, 6-7, Senior, Guard, Chanhassen, Minn.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
    I hope there is a good crowd, the teams deserve it. I seriously doubt that 5,000 would show up if USI is in the championship game. The Reitz boys, especially Stein will help to increase the attendance.

I would love to see Alex come out like he did in the 2nd half against Bellarmine...if he plays like that we can win...if he comes out flat it will be a long game.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfMafia
    replied

I hope there is a good crowd, the teams deserve it. I seriously doubt that 5,000 would show up if USI is in the championship game. The Reitz boys, especially Stein will help to increase the attendance.

I would love to see Alex come out like he did in the 2nd half against Bellarmine...if he plays like that we can win...if he comes out flat it will be a long game.

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
    I think we might be surprised. There is quite a buzz about the game around town.

Leave a comment:

• WalkerEaglefan83
    replied

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Wednesday night game at 6 pm and I would agree that 3K would be the ceiling.
    I think we might be surprised. There is quite a buzz about the game around town.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

Wednesday night game at 6 pm and I would agree that 3K would be the ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfMafia
    replied
    Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    There's no way USI gets 5,000 there at 6pm on Wednesday. Make the title game, you might hit that number. I would be quite surprised if you hit 3000 on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

There's no way USI gets 5,000 there at 6pm on Wednesday. Make the title game, you might hit that number. I would be quite surprised if you hit 3000 on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied

Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
    I'm hoping that 5,000 crowd estimate mentioned earlier is way low. If Evansville can put 10,000 butts in the seats to watch Murray St win the OVC tournament at the Ford last weekend, theres no reason they can't/won't turnout more than 5,000 for elite 8 games with a local team involved.
    Half of those people were probably there solely to see Ja Morant.

Leave a comment:

• USI!USI!
    replied

I'm hoping that 5,000 crowd estimate mentioned earlier is way low. If Evansville can put 10,000 butts in the seats to watch Murray St win the OVC tournament at the Ford last weekend, theres no reason they can't/won't turnout more than 5,000 for elite 8 games with a local team involved.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Will WT handle the overwhelmingness of a huge hostile crowd? I hope so. The team has played in front of lot's of hostile crowds, but nothing like 5,000. Riding a 19 game win streak and playing with focus and determination, they need to manage the probability of being a bit intimidated early by the crowd. USI needs to beware of WT's ability to go on runs. I've seen lots of WT games this year, where all of a sudden, a pretty even possession-by-possession game, is turned on it's head when the Buffs go on a 15-2 run in the blink of an eye. A converted turnover, a steal and score, a coast-to-coast fast beak by Grant off of an offensive board, a kick out three by Murray or Hall in transition, a deep three from Collins or Gach, and it's time-out opponent. The Buffs went on those kind of runs last night to end the first half and start the 2nd half.

I imagine USI will try to control the pace like St. Ed's did last night. WT can grind if they have to, but they prefer a quicker-paced transition game.
    Last night USI v BU was a game of runs for both teams, USI to start, BU to catch up and bury USI, then USI to take the game back. That's not all uncommon for us to see.
    The top GLVC squads run a tough defense and generally like slow the game down a bit when playing top tier teams. USI's winning scores through the regional were 66, 62, and 76, holding opponents to 60, 60, and 69 respectively. We'll usually see a lot faster paced games when playing weaker competition as the defense lets up and they turn it into a running game.

In the GLVC, USI ranks:
    1st in total rebounds and rebound margin
    1st in offensive rebounding (led by Jacob Norman)
    3rd in defensive rebounding (led by Emmanuel Little)
    1st in free throw attempts made & attempted (led by Alex Stein) - as a whole, USI is strong at the free throw line
    2nd best scoring offense in GLVC (behind William Jewell), and 2nd best scoring margin (behind Bellarmine).
    2nd best in 3FG% (behind Maryville, led by Nate Hansen and Kobe Caldwell)
    2nd best in total blocked shots (behind Bellarmine)

The challenge for USI will be limiting fouls and turnovers, as both have been high, especially if WT is good at converting them into points.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    USI playing 6 miles away with probably 5K fans there will be worth some points....watching that game last night those fans really energized the team. Plus STEIN saying to his team, GET ON MY BACK we will not lose.

Rodney did adjust last night, Stein was the main ball handler in 2nd half...Normans job was to be physical and eliminate Eberhard. Very simple things made a huge difference, plus #25 for Bellarmine could not stop shooting and missing.
    Will WT handle the overwhelmingness of a huge hostile crowd? I hope so. The team has played in front of lot's of hostile crowds, but nothing like 5,000. Riding a 19 game win streak and playing with focus and determination, they need to manage the probability of being a bit intimidated early by the crowd. USI needs to beware of WT's ability to go on runs. I've seen lots of WT games this year, where all of a sudden, a pretty even possession-by-possession game, is turned on it's head when the Buffs go on a 15-2 run in the blink of an eye. A converted turnover, a steal and score, a coast-to-coast fast beak by Grant off of an offensive board, a kick out three by Murray or Hall in transition, a deep three from Collins or Gach, and it's time-out opponent. The Buffs went on those kind of runs last night to end the first half and start the 2nd half.

I imagine USI will try to control the pace like St. Ed's did last night. WT can grind if they have to, but they prefer a quicker-paced transition game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X