Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seawolves women

I don't watch a lot of women's basketball, but this years Seawolves women are undefeated against D2 competition since the National Championship game last year (26 games in a row). WWU took them to 2OT last night in Bellingham but they managed to pull it out which makes 17 conference road wins in a row. So this is a shout out of congratulations to them.

Ryan McCarthy has rebuilt the program from the debacle that resulted in Moser's departure and the firing of his replacement before he even coached a game. It is especially impressive that this team has done so well considering they lost 7 seniors off last years team - all of whom played a significant number of minutes. I am guessing the McCarthy could probably get a pretty decent D1 gig if he wanted it at this point. Hopefully he stays as Anchorage is his home town.

They have to play one last road game at Simon Fraser, and I have probably jinxed them. Simon Fraser is in the running for an at large bid in the NCAA, so this is not going to be an easy one for UAA. But if they win it, they are almost assured to host the west regional.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X