Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: GNAC baseball and track

NNU beats Western Oregon in the conference title baseball game. It's going to be difficult for either team to get a regional berth, just not enough squads in the conference that play baseball.

Western Washington is clearly dominating men's and women's track and field now. They took both titles this past weekend. The men just completely dominated the distance events, but Western Washington's also good in the sprints and the field too. They have a lot of impressive athletes there right now. It probably helps that in the western Washington region, there's only one Division 1 program in the University of Washington, I don't believe Seattle University has a program or if they do they're not good. Seattle Pacific also isn't strong in the sport. There's a lot of great athletes over there and not a lot of places to go.

I like track and field except for the super long meets, it is a fun sport to watch with all the diversity of events and athleticism going on.

I have to give some props to the GNAC athletes last week so many great ones I went up point out a couple. The Central Washington men's 4x100 M Relay Team ran 40.8 seconds for a new conference record, which is really smoking fast and would place very high or win a lot of division 1 meets.

Alaska Fairbanks freshman sprinter Joshua Caleb, ran a 10.28 100 meters which is really fast. He probably would have won the 200, also, but got hurt right after the 100. Very impressive for a freshman. A lot of other great performers also in the women's competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      I like track and field except for the super long meets, it is a fun sport to watch with all the diversity of events and athleticism going on.

I have to give some props to the GNAC athletes last week so many great ones I went up point out a couple. The Central Washington men's 4x100 M Relay Team ran 40.8 seconds for a new conference record, which is really smoking fast and would place very high or win a lot of division 1 meets.

Alaska Fairbanks freshman sprinter Joshua Caleb, ran a 10.28 100 meters which is really fast. He probably would have won the 200, also, but got hurt right after the 100. Very impressive for a freshman. A lot of other great performers also in the women's competitions.
      Alaska Fairbanks does not have a track program, but UAA does.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post

Alaska Fairbanks does not have a track program, but UAA does.
        My bad ... anyway, a great 100M time for the UAA sprinter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X