X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    You are right Boat, WL has three more games and all should be losses. However, Roger probably feels this is a major break through year since they will have 4 wins and he sees "continued success". Their 4 wins are against teams with a total of 6 wins.
    There always seems to be a reason (excuse) given for the season after season failure. One year it's "we were breaking in a new QB" next year it's "we had a bunch of injuries to key players" next year it's "we were really young and had some growing pains." The reason for failure NEVER includes "I" or "My" as in "I suck at recruting and it shows on the field" or "My offense is requires elite level players to operate and I'm not good enough to convince them to come to WLU" or "I should be evaluated based on my teams performance. By that metric, I have been a failure for the last 10 years."

Also worth noting, it's not like we have been rolled by a bunch of really good teams in our losses. Only one of our four losses has been to a team with a +500 record (8-0 NDC). Not counting NDC, our three other losses have a combined record of 7-16 (.304).
    Last edited by boatcapt; 10-25-2021, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    You are right Boat, WL has three more games and all should be losses. However, Roger probably feels this is a major break through year since they will have 4 wins and he sees "continued success". Their 4 wins are against teams with a total of 6 wins.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Is Wheeling a two year program and beats WL two years in a row? Pathetic, Sorry, Terrible, Bad, Miserable.....................!
    All of the above.

I used to think that there were some good coaches that were just stuck in a bad situation. I don't feel that way now...they ALL need to go....EVERYONE associated with the football program needs to be fired immediately down to and including the equipment manager and ball boys. But sadly, it won't happen and no coaches are going anywhere until they want to go.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    Is Wheeling a two year program and beats WL two years in a row? Pathetic, Sorry, Terrible, Bad, Miserable.....................!

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Not that we needed anymore reason to but fire everyone.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Shades of seasons past...WLU grabbed a 51-31 win over Fairmont yesterday were they scored 21 unanswered points in a one minute span to erase a 31-30 4th quarter deficit.

Amedro, Stevens, Calhoun and Banks would be proud!

Could this betTHE year we taste the very rare (for us) waters of a +500 season???

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    The intention was for Krol to be at Wheeling in 2020 as the OC. The season was canceled in August prior to the start of the 2020 school year. At that point, Krol left.the team. In March 2020, prior "Co-OC" Robinson left Wheeling for Baldwin Wallace. AFTER both Krol and Robinson left and before the 2021 Spring Season, Wheeling hired their new OC to replace their OC.

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    And being there in 18 through 20 is a far cry from being there only in 19. Although not listed, he was the Co-OC in 18 and 19. As we all know, the 2020 season was put off until the spring of 2021. In the intervening months between what should have been the fall 2020 season and the spring, Krol left Wheeling as did fellow Co-OC Brandon Robinson (departed for BW prior to the 2020 season), Wheeling brought in their new OC Nemo Washington prior to the Spring 2021 season.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 09-12-2021, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    Heaven, you are one arrogant dude!

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Write-up says he was entering his third season in 2020. So even if he didn't return, he was there in 2018 and 2019.
    Last edited by HeavenontheHill; 09-12-2021, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

Congratulations! And I mean that sincerely. In two games AB has only scored 3 points. Were the worst...
    Yeah, you're probably right. LINCOLN U scored their first 7 today so they're 4 points up on the BLAH-TTLERS !!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    We're not the worst, we're not the worst, we're not the worst!!!!!!!
    Congratulations! And I mean that sincerely. In two games AB has only scored 3 points. Were the worst...
    Last edited by crixus; 09-11-2021, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    We're not the worst, we're not the worst, we're not the worst!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X