• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Crossing fingers for Cedric and Tyrell.
    I saw a Tarleton St. guy earlier who was picked.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

One more phase of the draft left. The "Open Phase." All positions are available.
    Crossing fingers for Cedric and Tyrell.

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied

Yes!!
    One more phase of the draft left. The "Open Phase." All positions are available.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    You guys got another one:
    Renegades Donatello Brown CB Valdosta State
    Yes!!

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied
    You guys got another one:
    Renegades Donatello Brown CB Valdosta State

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

Interestingly, or not, I was wearing VSU swag at the Garth Brooks concert in Gainesville and the guy seated behind me played for (current or future SIAC member) Edward Waters back when we (yes, like I had ANYTHING to do with it) beat them pretty soundly for a couple of years. He and his buddy had had, shall we say, more than one adult beverage, and in his memory the games were REALLY REALLY close...

But he was fairly non-aggressive for a very large more-than-mildly intoxicated guy and he was seated directly behind me, so we talked VSU and D2 and small college football and how much better it was than D1 WHILE SITTING IN THE SWAMP.

Good times.
    Another cool story!! Love it!!!

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Good little background story on Goodman. https://itgnext.com/legend-jim-goodman/

I was in a boat sales/repair shop near Apalachicola this past weekend and had a conversation with some of the employees in the parts department. Everyone was talking about various D1 games and I made the statement that I was a D2 guy. The guy waiting on me asked what team, and I proudly told him Valdosta State. He told me he and his best friend were on the very first team under Jim Goodman in 1982.

Was a neat guy and a neat conversation.
    Cool!

Leave a comment:

• crashandannie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Good little background story on Goodman. https://itgnext.com/legend-jim-goodman/

I was in a boat sales/repair shop near Apalachicola this past weekend and had a conversation with some of the employees in the parts department. Everyone was talking about various D1 games and I made the statement that I was a D2 guy. The guy waiting on me asked what team, and I proudly told him Valdosta State. He told me he and his best friend were on the very first team under Jim Goodman in 1982.

Interestingly, or not, I was wearing VSU swag at the Garth Brooks concert in Gainesville and the guy seated behind me played for (current or future SIAC member) Edward Waters back when we (yes, like I had ANYTHING to do with it) beat them pretty soundly for a couple of years. He and his buddy had had, shall we say, more than one adult beverage, and in his memory the games were REALLY REALLY close...

But he was fairly non-aggressive for a very large more-than-mildly intoxicated guy and he was seated directly behind me, so we talked VSU and D2 and small college football and how much better it was than D1 WHILE SITTING IN THE SWAMP.

Good times.

Leave a comment:

• Fan_the_Flame
    replied
    Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yea I kinda backed my way into that info. I was doing some research on all of the past VSU Head Coaches and saw that. As a matter of fact that's how I was introduced to the new XFL. BTW it seems Jim Goodman did well for himself, he went on to be interim GM of The Denver Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• boyblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Rowdy Crowdy View Post
    Just read Hal Mumme is the OC for Dallas in the XFL.
    Yea I kinda backed my way into that info. I was doing some research on all of the past VSU Head Coaches and saw that. As a matter of fact that's how I was introduced to the new XFL. BTW it seems Jim Goodman did well for himself, he went on to be interim GM of The Denver Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Rowdy Crowdy
    replied
    Just read Hal Mumme is the OC for Dallas in the XFL.

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied

Yes!!!
    We have 4 in the draft pool.
    I love it. A lot of people like to dog these alternative leagues, but I love that players get opportunities to keep playing.

EDIT: I just noticed DSU has a player in the pool. Didn't even realize.
    Last edited by CalifOKRA; 10-15-2019, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    One of your former players was just drafted in the XFL draft:

Tampa Bay Vipers: Seantavius Jones, WR, Valdosta State
    Yes!!!
    We have 4 in the draft pool.

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied
    One of your former players was just drafted in the XFL draft:

Tampa Bay Vipers: Seantavius Jones, WR, Valdosta State

Leave a comment:

• Fan_the_Flame
    replied
    OK, BlazerNation......time to get those tickets and come out to the game Saturday......we're shooting for 10,000 in the stands!!!!

Let's fill'em up and get loud!!!!

I've got me and 8 others coming.

It's a great day to be a Blazer!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X