X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollodex
    replied
    Originally posted by West Florida View Post
    We lose a lot of legends, but the speculation that Austin Reed will go back to D1 is something I don't see happening. What could be more fun than playing the next 3 years where you are already a hero? If the bookstore starts selling white #14 UWF jerseys they will sell out of them in a week. Leaving for D1 would not do anything for this young gunslinger. In my opinion, he is the front runner for the Harlon Hill next year (with all due respect, he's easily better than the QB that won it this year). Staying in Pensacola where he is the man, instead of going to a D1 where anything can happen to his career is the obvious move to me. In 2017, we lost to QB Luis Perez in the D2 National Championship. He was drafted by the Rams a few months later. Any goal Austin Reed could possibly dream of can best be achieved by staying on the beautiful Florida panhandle.

We return Ashley and Coats at WR and all of our RBs. Hopefully, we can add some weapons like we did this year and hit the ground running.
    Reed is good but one game against a slower over hyped defense doesn't make him a Harlon Hill winner. He didn't and couldn't put up these kind of numbers against no Gulf South opponent. Quit hating on Rivers.

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied
    Originally posted by West Florida View Post
    We lose a lot of legends, but the speculation that Austin Reed will go back to D1 is something I don't see happening. What could be more fun than playing the next 3 years where you are already a hero? If the bookstore starts selling white #14 UWF jerseys they will sell out of them in a week. Leaving for D1 would not do anything for this young gunslinger. In my opinion, he is the front runner for the Harlon Hill next year (with all due respect, he's easily better than the QB that won it this year). Staying in Pensacola where he is the man, instead of going to a D1 where anything can happen to his career is the obvious move to me. In 2017, we lost to QB Luis Perez in the D2 National Championship. He was drafted by the Rams a few months later. Any goal Austin Reed could possibly dream of can best be achieved by staying on the beautiful Florida panhandle.

We return Ashley and Coats at WR and all of our RBs. Hopefully, we can add some weapons like we did this year and hit the ground running.

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    Who is saying he'd transfer back to D1? That's silly. He'd have to sit a year.

This year's squad was successful mainly due to the time he had to throw as gifted by those big, experienced offensive linemen - many of which started almost every game the Argos have ever played. If Shinnick can replace them, it should be another good year for the Argos. Of course, lots of other talented players graduating (like Lehtio). This was the year Shinnick built this team for since he got to Pensacola. Trying to keep that going will be interesting to watch.

From Senior Day notes:

SPECIAL DAY FOR 25 UWF SENIORSTy Cox, Ethan Cruz, Andre Duncombe, Jr., Devin Gibson, Kevin Grant, Ed Kinnon, Gage Krull, Tate Lehtio, Stephen Mathews, Quentin Randolph, Jerel Ricketts, Chris Sakamoto, Josh Smiley and Darryl Wilson.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida will be Reed-iculous again next year

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X