X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Chowan a bye week, seriously? Last season they beat 8-3 Mars Hill at Mars Hill, Tusculum at Tusculum, and were undefeated against SAC opponents. They also called the dogs off against WSSU in the 3rd quarter amassing 627 yards to the Rams 131 yards in a 73-7 blowout. That game could have ended up being 100-0, however, that still would not have come close to the record setting beatdown Lenoir Rhyne had to endure years ago at the hands of King University (TN) in a whopping 206-0 defeat.
    They beat Mars Hill week 1. Okay. Double OT win against Tusculum who had a losing record so yeah. Beating WSSU isn't worth bragging about or even mentioning. They've not been worth while in 5 years. My point was basically every other year Chowan is a bye like most of the CIAA outside of Bowie.

So I guess that would be another tough game for Barton. Considering Chowan beat those two and Barton couldn't beat either

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    They do thankfully start the season with essentially two bye weeks (Chowan and Davidson).
    Chowan a bye week, seriously? Last season they beat 8-3 Mars Hill at Mars Hill, Tusculum at Tusculum, and were undefeated against SAC opponents. They also called the dogs off against WSSU in the 3rd quarter amassing 627 yards to the Rams 131 yards in a 73-7 blowout. That game could have ended up being 100-0, however, that still would not have come close to the record setting beatdown Lenoir Rhyne had to endure years ago at the hands of King University (TN) in a whopping 206-0 defeat.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Bulldogs do have a tough schedule this year, so they will need to pick off a couple folks like you suggested. They were picked to finish 6th (for whatever that's worth) and play all 5 teams ranked ahead of them. Last year they went 1-4 in those games, and got the doors blown off in 3 of them. And the Mars Hill game where they lost by 8 they blew a two touchdown lead. They do thankfully start the season with essentially two bye weeks (Chowan and Davidson).

I fully agree about Hester. His Catawba teams when I started at C-N were wagons. That 2007 team was one of the 4 or 5 best SAC teams I've seen in 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    started a topic Barton College / SAC Football

Barton College / SAC Football

In my opinion, Barton College may be the sleeper with potential to finish near (or even at) the top of the SAC in this, just their second full season of football. Barton's actually eligible to win the SAC Football Championship this season.

Never underestimate Barton's Coach Chip Hester's ability of getting the most out of his players, and he's bringing back a boatload of talent. He's also one of the best D2 recruiters in the region, with some excellent signed players ready to step in and contribute.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X