Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 Thoughts on ECU

Another big home win for the Tigers this week. We are currently in a home winning streak, which is nice. It was not the prettiest game against SWOSU, but it was a win in which we were carried by the Defense and Special Teams yet again. Just not enough talent on the offensive side of the ball. Despite us dropping two bad losses to OKBU and SNU early in the season, I think my comments on winning 4 games this year is still very possible.

Offense:

Not much to discuss here. Just not enough talent on the field. I talked to Coach Johnson after the game and he addressed that along with just not being very consistent. We talked about the importance of recruiting and developing in the near future. I have all the faith that Johnson will get this bunch turned around.

Defense:

This group is really carrying this team. They are tough, fast, play physical. and play all 4 quarters. Corey Williams and RJ Williams had an outstanding night at inside linebacker. Andre Shelton had a very good game at defensive end as well. Our DC is doing a very good job with what he has. I still have a few complaints, but as stated earlier, this group is carrying the team.

We can win these next two games, but it will have to come with SOME offensive production. I am excited for the next couple of weeks. Only time will tell. Go TIGERS!

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X