Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Keopple

The things I learn from the game notes each week. This is an excerpt from the game notes for this week that I found interesting:

"With 61 wins, head coach Bill Keopple is currently one victory shy of tying Mulerider gridiron legend Raymond "Rip" Powell for second all-time on the program wins list. Two more wins and Keopple ties Auburn Smith for most wins in program history."

Looking at the schedule, I do believe its possible that Keopple ties, if not becomes the winning-est coach in SAU history. We shall see, don't put the mule before the cart, but I think that would be great. Trust me, I was in school at SAU when it was hard to watch a football game. 0-10 seasons. The highlight of my football watching at SAU was an OT thriller against Valdosta State, which I can't remember if we won or not, as it was on and on and on with OT's. Anyways, to see a program that has been to a bowl game, although in a losing effort, is promising. I am a bit worried about our QB situation, but Keopple has prided himself in QB recruiting, as QB's are the wheels to the cart.

Anyways, in closing, I really, really hope that SAU keeps Keopple for quite some time. Although we don't have a championship, and although we slope at the end of the season, its good to see an above .500 team each year.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X