• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catfan4life
    replied
    Re: Fhsu @ uindy

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    The difference is the shoe is on the other foot now so you don't realize how silly you sound.

Leave a comment:

• TigerGlen
    replied

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    i know you arent whining about refs...from the outside, the stats are pretty telling. 249 yards rushing 5.9 per carry?
    2 interceptions?
    average completion was 14 yards?
    3 sacks for 24 yards
    45 yards in personal fouls and 15 in pass intereference...

got to get the personal fouls under control and you have 40 yards in penalty which is 17 below your game average.

looks like a pretty clean game with out the personal fouls which absolutely CAN be controlled
    To be fair one of those intercepts came as a desperation play right at the end of the game.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

A step further:
    D2Football East of Illinois and North of chicago is better than D2 football in the rest of the country.
    Exactly! Nothing's going right. We got no food, we got no jobs...our pets heads are falling off

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
    I would agree but there is an important aspect in winning the close one. Close game as the away team, a lot of programs would blink first. Says a lot about the kids they are bringing in and expectations. First signs of adversity kids keep fighting. Not saying NW kids weren't also playing their asses off. Hays just executed a play or so more
    We actually completely agree. The fact that they won those two games is a huge leap for Hays. They were able to gut out and outlast one of the top programs. It's huge in the development of the program. It pays tremendous dividends because in order to develop into a top team, you have to build a culture where you win those type of games against those type of teams. Eventually it will pay off big.

Hays is on the right track. It sucks they didn't win the playoff game, but it's time to focus on that as the next goal. I think they already proved they can hang with the best of the MIAA, but there is more steps now. I only watched them one time, but they are just a few players away, IMO. As their young QB develops, if they can surround him with some skill kids, they are probably going to make some noise. Their defense has become a consistent identity, but their offense is not yet good enough to beat the better teams. Everyone says defense wins championships and overall that is true, but as long as the goal is the most points, offense will matter.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    GLVC > MIAA

Looks like Lindenwood is going to a tougher conference. The MIAA is currently in a free fall allowing teams a false sense of how good they really are.
    A step further:
    D2Football East of Illinois and North of chicago is better than D2 football in the rest of the country.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

GLVC > MIAA

Looks like Lindenwood is going to a tougher conference. The MIAA is currently in a free fall allowing teams a false sense of how good they really are.
    Minor setback leading to a major comeback. Conf was some young qbs that could turn into the real deal

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied

That by the transitive property GLVC> NW
    GLVC > MIAA

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Id add hands to the face as another one never called
    I think they did away with unintentional hands to the face and went back to 15 yards or nothing. Then again, that might be the NFL that did away with that one?

Leave a comment:

• Peyton21dad
    replied

Can you check and see if there was a targeting penalty in the NW game? And a blown roughing the P call?
    Roughing the punter call was bogus after seeing it on film. Your roughing calls were legit, albeit how I dislike the protection a QB gets. So you would agree those are game changers? Ours as well

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

And what does it say about those same players being capable of losing to a GLVC team?
    That by the transitive property GLVC> NW

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied

I would agree but there is an important aspect in winning the close one. Close game as the away team, a lot of programs would blink first. Says a lot about the kids they are bringing in and expectations. First signs of adversity kids keep fighting. Not saying NW kids weren't also playing their asses off. Hays just executed a play or so more
    And what does it say about those same players being capable of losing to a GLVC team?

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

Targeting is so odd. I literally have never see it calledsince the season when it was new and a hot button deal. Then again, I'm used to MIAA refs. I watch the NFL and think "How is that holding, his shirt is barely even ripped".
    Id add hands to the face as another one never called

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    While I agree that we need to beat them, it's really not overly concerning at this point. We lost two games at home (just like we did to Mo West a few years ago), but they were both 1 point games where we had our shots at the end (minus boneheaded mistakes both years). The time FHSU comes in and beats by 10-14 and clearly dominate the game, that's when I would be worried. The UCO loss, to me, was much more concerning.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Its amazing how one playoff victory puffs out the collective chests of a fan base that was ready to fire everyone 3 weeks ago.
    yep

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
    Numbers don't always tell the complete story and in this case, that is certainly true. Bad calls CAN and did change the flow of the game. Seen it many many times from high school up to the pros. Sure, the rush game didn't help our cause, whether it be defensive or offensive side. But the ejection and OPI could be a 14 point swing. Those are the numbers that matter.
    ok i get it. played the game from the age of 6 to 20. im well aware but, ive also sat in your stadium and watched my team absolutely implode from stupid personal fouls. must be that stupid ass canon you guys have...lol

so, you take away the personal foul and the pass interference you just described...you still have 30 very preventable penalty yards. you had them on the ropes going into the 4th quarter...not allowing them to score then the boys seemed to get a lil squirrley...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X