Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSC 2020

I was up in Chadron last week. Folks there sure are abuzz over how the football situation is shaping up. Had a chance to stop in on a practice. For anyone interested, here's what I noticed:

Most everyone returning on offense. That core of O-line, Holst, & Thurness is going to be fun to watch along with Tevon Wright's younger brother who's going to be a 4th year freshman(!) next year.

Noticeably absent is Myles, the bouncy tailback. He is still on the roster. Not sure if he's hurt, or ineligible, or has covid or opting out or what.

That might not matter much though because the kid they've brought in from UCLA looks legit. You get the same feeling about him in person as on his highlights. Alongside him is the sophomore who transferred from Montana State last year and got a few carries. I think he scored once on special teams. He's bigger than I remember.

I'm nobody to ask about schemes so IDK if the new OC changed much. They weren't running a lot of 11 on 11 anyway and when they did it was to only work on run or only pass or only downfield block etc.

On D I don't have a clue. I seriously didn't recognize anyone on that side of the ball other than Hopkins who's played nose the past 2 years. If the LB Wilson was there, he's either a lot smaller than I remember or bigger than I remember and on the line. The biggest LB is a kid I think came from St. Cloud. DBs must be all new. Probably not the worst thing given the results lately.

Again, not much live ball being played, mostly situational stuff, so it's hard to get a feel for how they'll play. It's still early I guess.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X