Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC/MIAA Select Women's Team Representing USA in Brazil

Link: http://wscwildcats.com/news/2017/7/2...azil-tour.aspx

Kielsmeiers, Ballinger, and Schulte selected for USA DII Basketball Brazil Tour
    www.wscwildcats.com

Wayne State College head women's basketball coach Chris Kielsmeier, assistant coach Kelly Kielsmeier and senior players Paige Ballinger and Maggie Schulte will travel to Brazil next month and represent the United States as part of the USA D-2 Basketball Team Tour in Brazil.

The team is comprised of 10 Division II basketball players from the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) and Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA), representing eight different colleges and seven states. Chris Kielsmeier will serve as head coach of the select team and assisted by Wildcat assistant coach Kelly Kielsmeier.

The tour starts July 31 and runs through August 9 with the team playing four games over a span of six days. The first two games are in Jundiai with the final two games in Rio de Janiero. The team will depart July 31 and fly to Orlando and Washington, D.C. before heading overseas to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Players and coaches will return to the states on August 9th.

While in Brazil, the team and coaches will also be involved in educational and social events on the trip that include visits to Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches, Sugar Loaf Mountain, the International Market in Ipanema and the Christ the Redeemer Statue along with venues that hosted the 2016 Summer Olympics last year.

Games will be played starting Wednesday, August 2 and Thursday, August 3 in Jundiai with the final two games August 5th and 7th in Rio de Janeiro. More details about game times, opponent and location will be posted on www.wscwildcats.com. Daily blogs from Ballinger and Schulte will also be available on the Wildcats athletics website during the trip to share their experiences.

Wildcat head coach Chris Kielsmeier remarked, "This fall I will be starting my 20th season of coaching and throughout all of those years I have never had this kind of opportunity. It is such a great honor to coach this extremely talented team and represent Wayne State College and the United States. This will be a trip that we will all remember for the rest of our lives."

USA Sports Tours and Events based in Lake Mary, Florida organizes and coordinates the games and events that the players and coaches will be involved with on the USA D-2 Basketball Brazil Tour.

"I'm really excited to be able to travel and play the game I love," said Wildcat senior center Paige Ballinger. "Basketball has provided me with many awesome opportunities in my life and this is definitely at the top of the list. I can't wait to share this experience with my coaches/teammate."

Wildcat senior forward Maggie Schulte said, "It's an honor to be able to represent WSC and USA at the international level." She added, "Basketball is one of my true passions, so having the opportunity to experience a different country at the same time adds to my excitement even more."

2017 USA D-2 Women's Basketball Team - Brazil Tour
    Paige Ballinger, Wayne State
    Chelsey Henry, Missouri Southern State
    Paige Imhoff, Pittsburg State
    Brenlee McPherson, Pittsburg State
    Tanya Meyer, Northwest Missouri State
    Paige Redmond, Central Missouri
    Miranda Ristau, Northern State
    Maggie Schulte, Wayne State
    Cassidy Thorson, Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Jacky Volkert, Minnesota State-Moorhead

Re: NSIC/MIAA Select Women's Team Representing USA in Brazil

Very cool!

Comment

The team of NSIC/MIAA players defeated Itupeva 100-22 yesterday in the first game of their trip. They play again today against Osasco and then will have a two-day break before playing again.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        The team of NSIC/MIAA players defeated Itupeva 100-22 yesterday in the first game of their trip. They play again today against Osasco and then will have a two-day break before playing again.
        They better hold this team under 20 today...

Comment

Closer game today. Team USA defeated Osasco 70-59. Team will now have two days off before playing on August 5th vs. Mangueira at 10 a.m. (8 a.m. Central Time).

Here is a team pic

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
            Closer game today. Team USA defeated Osasco 70-59. Team will now have two days off before playing on August 5th vs. Mangueira at 10 a.m. (8 a.m. Central Time).

Here is a team pic

Itupeva? Osasco? Mangueira? Either they've gone to another planet or I don't know my geography.

Throw in USA to this group of names and it reminds me of the old Sesame Street song - one of these things....is not like other....three of these things....are sort of the same.

Comment

This group of players went 4-0 on their trip to Brazil.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X