Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW vs. Duke Game Thread

How often do you get the opportunity to start a thread like this? GO CATS! I'd much rather be at the game. Cameron Indoor Stadium is on the bucket list.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Re: NW vs. Duke Game Thread

Link to Bearcat hype video to tonight's game: https://t.co/ftJOkj4iZA?ssr=true
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

This game can be viewed online on Watch ESPN if you have access to it, just so people know.

Comment

Shooting-wise, the Bearcats look very similar to the Vikes in last year's game against Duke. It just seemed like we couldn't knock anything down, no matter how open it was. I'll be curious to see if they settle a little bit and start knocking 'em down or if it's just going to be one of those nights when shots don't drop.

Comment

Withus has to knock down those open 3 pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Shooting-wise, the Bearcats look very similar to the Vikes in last year's game against Duke. It just seemed like we couldn't knock anything down, no matter how open it was. I'll be curious to see if they settle a little bit and start knocking 'em down or if it's just going to be one of those nights when shots don't drop.
            Is it simply the superior athleticism of the high level D1 players?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              Is it simply the superior athleticism of the high level D1 players?
              Honestly, the shots I'm referring to are shots that are as open against any level of D1 player as they are against an average D2 team.

Comment

Comment

NW offense looks infinitely better than Augie's did a year ago. It's totally unrealistic to garner any sort of defensive take aways given the competition.

This whole Witthus in green thing may never feel right

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    NW offense looks infinitely better than Augie's did a year ago. It's totally unrealistic to garner any sort of defensive take aways given the competition.

This whole Witthus in green thing may never feel right
                    Announcers said a moment ago that NW still only had 3 turnovers by the start of the 2nd half. I think Augie last year had about 17 turnovers by the start of the 2nd half.

Comment

Ndow is going to have some monster games this year.

Comment

Announcers said a moment ago that NW still only had 3 turnovers by the start of the 2nd half. I think Augie last year had about 17 turnovers by the start of the 2nd half.
                        THE Northwest Missouri State University

I'm your Huckleberry.

Comment

Ndow is going to have some monster games this year.
                          You are a great Division II Basketball fan.

I have been out and about trying to watch this game on my phone. Is Northwest getting the short end of some calls or is Duke simply that much more athletic to be able to be in position to get the calls?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                            You are a great Division II Basketball fan.

I have been out and about trying to watch this game on my phone. Is Northwest getting the short end of some calls or is Duke simply that much more athletic to be able to be in position to get the calls?
                            Others can disagree, but I almost feel like there haven't been any calls. It's been a very simply called game, and I don't think there's been any officiating bias at all. It's just the natural disparity between the #1 D1 team in the country and the #1 D2 team in the country.

Comment

Others can disagree, but I almost feel like there haven't been any calls. It's been a very simply called game, and I don't think there's been any officiating bias at all. It's just the natural disparity between the #1 D1 team in the country and the #1 D2 team in the country.
                              Agreed. It could be a little closer if Northwest was shooting better but Duke is just that much better. Too much length and athleticism.
                              THE Northwest Missouri State University

I'm your Huckleberry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X