• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred33
    replied
    Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    NW isn't a bad FT shooting team and it is better than last year. It does not appear to be a fatal type weakness in general. There are a couple guys that are not great FT shooters though.

Turf toe is not a good deal. I don't see how Pitts is close to 100% the rest of the season as it does not heal quickly and especially if you are playing on it.
    Agreed. The team is better than they were last year, mainly because they no longer have Anthony Woods... being a main ball handler and a penetrator on offense, he got to the line a lot, which brought the overall numbers down. It could be problem going forward without Pitts on the floor if Ndow has to be the main guy handling at the end of games. Pitts shoots 90% and Ndow is less than 70%. Pitts' absence effects the game in a lot of different ways. Let's just hope he is able to recover and it's all a moot point.
    Last edited by Alfred33; 02-12-2018, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    It was a tough grind it out win, but there has to be concern with Pitts going forward. I'm no doctor, but I don't think turf toe isn't something that just goes away without resting it. There may not be enough season for him to really get enough rest for it to fully heal and it could continually be aggravated. That said, even at the level he was at Saturday, he made a difference when he was in the game... the floor spacing was so much better, but the toe took away his ability or will to penetrate. He was obviously a different player. We had to ask a lot out of Ndow, by making him the primary ball handler, which took away from his offense. Doughterty and Witthus stepped up big time. Free throw shooting was an Achilles heel at times last season too, if there was one... somehow we survived it, but sure added a lot of stress Saturday. As bad as we shot free throws, I was surprised they quit fouling when they did.... 3 possession game with nearly 30 seconds left.
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    NW isn't a bad FT shooting team and it is better than last year. It does not appear to be a fatal type weakness in general. There are a couple guys that are not great FT shooters though.

Turf toe is not a good deal. I don't see how Pitts is close to 100% the rest of the season as it does not heal quickly and especially if you are playing on it.
    Agree that this is probably going to bother him to some degree the rest of the season. The big toe is pretty important in propulsion and balance. A lot depends on the grade of sprain and since he is playing, I'm guessing grade I. They can put a rigid orthotic in his shoe to help block excessive motion that might help.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

It was a tough grind it out win, but there has to be concern with Pitts going forward. I'm no doctor, but I don't think turf toe isn't something that just goes away without resting it. There may not be enough season for him to really get enough rest for it to fully heal and it could continually be aggravated. That said, even at the level he was at Saturday, he made a difference when he was in the game... the floor spacing was so much better, but the toe took away his ability or will to penetrate. He was obviously a different player. We had to ask a lot out of Ndow, by making him the primary ball handler, which took away from his offense. Doughterty and Witthus stepped up big time. Free throw shooting was an Achilles heel at times last season too, if there was one... somehow we survived it, but sure added a lot of stress Saturday. As bad as we shot free throws, I was surprised they quit fouling when they did.... 3 possession game with nearly 30 seconds left.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Impressive and crucial road win for NW....especially with 2 starters dinged.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied

MOSO knocked off UCM in Joplin today 76-69. Playing the role of spoiler while trying to finish top 4 in MIAA.

Leave a comment:

• 86Catillac
    replied

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Good win for NW. Aweful at FT line and got out rebounded. Difference was points in paint and points off turnovers.
    That was a grind it out W. The first half and the last ten minutes of the game were a defensive clinic.

Two big Home games next week.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Good win for NW. Aweful at FT line and got out rebounded. Difference was points in paint and points off turnovers.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Northwest has 39 points, Withus and Dougherty combined for 35 of those
    About 90% of those from the post. Such is life when your PG is injured and the only other true PG on the team is redshirting.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Northwest has 39 points, Withus and Dougherty combined for 35 of those

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    NW up 24-13 at half. Flat out defensive clinic by NW. If Pitts was at full speed this would be a 20+ point game right now.
    Beat up squad and still up 11 holdo ng them to 13? Good grief

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    Pitts hampered with lower body injury not starting today. Came in for a few minutes but obviously not himself.
    Turf toe.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

NW up 24-13 at half. Flat out defensive clinic by NW. If Pitts was at full speed this would be a 20+ point game right now.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Pitts hampered with lower body injury not starting today. Came in for a few minutes but obviously not himself.

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    So what is the status with Kurth?
    Sounds like he could have played last night, but wanted to rest him a few more days.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X