X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWHoops
    replied
    Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

Southern up 3 at half. Pitts playing but still clearly not close to 100%. Should be a close one throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

MoSo's CJ Carr is living his best life without Pitts, 16 points, 6-9 FG, 4-4 3, 4reb, 3stl. Tie game with 3 minutes left in the first

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Seems like Xavier Kurth is ok: 3-3 from 3, 1-1 from 2.

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied

Looks like the Lions are without 6'8" starting center LJ Ross for this game.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MuleLove
    replied

I assumed as soon as I read an assistant was T'd up that it was Gilliam. At UCM he was yelling at the ref, threw a water bottle into the stands before Anderson had enough and spent a full minute yelling at him. Kinda hard to coach your players when you are having to discipline your assistant. The other assistant probably just got blamed for Jon's mouth.

Leave a comment:

• 86Catillac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    It was Jon Gilliam. He's always started issues. He's the one that nearly started the brawl with Georgia when Kim was at MU. I know they mentioned the name of the official who gave the T but I don't know which one it was. I know the younger ref wanted it to be the "all about him" show. He made a horrible block call that should have been a charge. The entire arena got upset and he took it out on a couple players on the NW bench. Walked over yelled at them to sit down, stared them down as he walked across the floor, and then yelled at Mac to make them sit down (they were already sitting).

Maybe they said something, I don't know. Looked to me like they jumped up excited expecting a charge call and then realized it wasn't. Regardless, he handled it like a clown.
    Hothead like Lindenwood's MBB HC.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    That assistant was on refs from the get-go. Surprised Anderson didn't send him to the locker room. It was not a well-officiated game and the 2nd half was about as sloppy a game as I've seen NW play in a while. We got caught up in the Helter Skelter style of play by PSU. We broke every major rule of how to break the press. I think by the end of the game, Ben was ready to pull out what hair he has left.
    It was Jon Gilliam. He's always started issues. He's the one that nearly started the brawl with Georgia when Kim was at MU. I know they mentioned the name of the official who gave the T but I don't know which one it was. I know the younger ref wanted it to be the "all about him" show. He made a horrible block call that should have been a charge. The entire arena got upset and he took it out on a couple players on the NW bench. Walked over yelled at them to sit down, stared them down as he walked across the floor, and then yelled at Mac to make them sit down (they were already sitting).

Maybe they said something, I don't know. Looked to me like they jumped up excited expecting a charge call and then realized it wasn't. Regardless, he handled it like a clown.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Then I partially blame it on the refs. Assistants should be given zero latitude for saying anything. And they must have let him go for a while as the T came with 9:23 left in the second half during the under 10 media timeout.

Interesting note that Augie booster Doug Votava was one of the officials on the game. He and Brooks Wells. They sure get around.
    He's the official that called T on PSU bench and PSU player. The 2nd half was tough to watch and I'm sure it wasn't any easier to officiate. There was no flow or continuity to the game. It was all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    That assistant was on refs from the get-go. Surprised Anderson didn't send him to the locker room. It was not a well-officiated game and the 2nd half was about as sloppy a game as I've seen NW play in a while. We got caught up in the Helter Skelter style of play by PSU. We broke every major rule of how to break the press. I think by the end of the game, Ben was ready to pull out what hair he has left.
    Then I partially blame it on the refs. Assistants should be given zero latitude for saying anything. And they must have let him go for a while as the T came with 9:23 left in the second half during the under 10 media timeout.

Interesting note that Augie booster Doug Votava was one of the officials on the game. He and Brooks Wells. They sure get around.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    That was a fun sentence to read.
    Imagine all the funny one's you could come up with, if Pitts played for Pitt. It would drive the broadcasters crazy.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

That's having nice control of your team.

Leave a comment:

• 86Catillac
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X