• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
    NW men roll Lincoln 76-43.
    Pitts 20 points and 8 assists
    Ndow 18 points and 8 rebounds
    Hawkins 13 points and 8 rebounds
    Was watching live stats at the beginning when it was something like 33-25 and thought, wow, can it be this close? Checked back to see the final, ha. Escalated quick.

Leave a comment:

• BearcatMediaStudent1
    replied

NW men roll Lincoln 76-43.
    Pitts 20 points and 8 assists
    Ndow 18 points and 8 rebounds
    Hawkins 13 points and 8 rebounds

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

He's a special kid in both talent and character... we got lucky with him for sure.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    I don't think that is exclusive to Northwest. I see that happen at all levels, when the seldom used walk on or end of bench player hits a bucket at the end of a blowout win, the crowd and the bench go nuts for that guy. Nonetheless, I think it's pretty cool when it happens and it has to be pretty special for that player to receive that kind of reaction. I don't know if Laing has a future that will bring him more playing time, but a lot of times at the D1 level, those guys know they're never really going to see the floor... Those rare moments probably help make the time they put in worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

I don't think that is exclusive to Northwest. I see that happen at all levels, when the seldom used walk on or end of bench player hits a bucket at the end of a blowout win, the crowd and the bench go nuts for that guy. Nonetheless, I think it's pretty cool when it happens and it has to be pretty special for that player to receive that kind of reaction. I don't know if Laing has a future that will bring him more playing time, but a lot of times at the D1 level, those guys know they're never really going to see the floor... Those rare moments probably help make the time they put in worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Northwest forward Brett Dougherty only had 13 minutes vs MW. Reason?
    Got called for 3rd foul in the first half, then picked up 4th early in 2nd half. Really didn't need him from that point on as NW was rolling.

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied

Northwest forward Brett Dougherty only had 13 minutes vs MW. Reason?

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
    Pitt State upsets Washburn 76-74. First MIAA loss of the year for the Ichabods.
    That increases the pucker factor a little over next 3 weeks leading up to NW visit to Washburn. Our schedule is favorable going into that game. Washburn's schedule is considerably tougher with UCM at home and road swing through Kearney and Hays.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied

This will be a nice little rest for the Cats and a 3 game homestand. 4 games in a week due to weather including west "coast" swing made for kind of a brutal week. No worries from me. NW should take care of business setting up a BIG game in Topeka 2/10.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    That was quite possibly the worst game I've seen from Pitts in his career. I can't even count how many point blank shots NW missed. As was mentioned above, no energy and completely flat. Offense was stagnant. Throw it in to post and everybody watch. Not a good showing at all.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Glad to see NW get a win without Justin. I was at the UNK game and the Lopers really pounded on him. He should have spend most of the game at the foul line.

Leave a comment:

• BearcatMediaStudent1
    replied

NW squeaks by Hays 72-67

Bearcats improve to 16-2 (8-2) on the season.

Top Performers:
    Ndow 20pts 14rebs
    Witthus 15pts 3 assists
    Dougherty 13pts 7 assists
    Welty 12pts 4rebs
    Kurth 10pts 4rebs

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X