Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Iowa

UIU wins opening game of season in California - 92-88 over Cal State Bernadino. Carson Parker with a game high 26 and Dennis Austin with 25. Great start after losing a lot of seniors last year. A few new faces in the rotation this year. JC xfer Quentin Blaue has nice game with 14 points and Kam Rowan with 13. Tomorrow they face Palm Beach Atlantic and on Sunday Humboldt State.

Re: Upper Iowa

Peacocks win again 79-76, Parker leads way with 18. True Freshman Joe Smoldt adds 18 as well! Dennis Austin with 11. One more game tomorrow in Cali against Humboldt state!

Comment

UIU wins final game of Anaheim Tipoff Class 60-55 over Humboldt State to start season 3-0! True freshman Joe Smoldt lead the way with 13 points and 5 assists, center Munachiso Okonkwo added 13 as well along with 11 rebounds. Carson Parker had 10 points and 4 assists. Great road trip and start to the season! Things get a but tougher next week as we play NW Missouri St. on Friday. Re-match of the first round NCAA tourney game of last year. Carson Parker is 13 points shy of 1,000 in his career after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
        UIU wins final game of Anaheim Tipoff Class 60-55 over Humboldt State to start season 3-0! True freshman Joe Smoldt lead the way with 13 points and 5 assists, center Munachiso Okonkwo added 13 as well along with 11 rebounds. Carson Parker had 10 points and 4 assists. Great road trip and start to the season! Things get a but tougher next week as we play NW Missouri St. on Friday. Re-match of the first round NCAA tourney game of last year. Carson Parker is 13 points shy of 1,000 in his career after this weekend.
        Great job of the peacocks picking up west coast wins. These guys mean business this year

Comment

Was hoping the Peacocks would drop at least one out west, if not two. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Was hoping the Peacocks would drop at least one out west, if not two. Oh well.
            For the record, it's not that I have anything in particular against the Peacocks. I just know how difficult conference play will be, especially in the South Division, so I'd love for some of these NSIC teams to lose a few non-conference games while the Vikes win theirs.

Comment

A good start for UIU, wasn't sure what to expect after losing a big senior class that was responsible for a lot of points as well as pretty tough on the D side. In fact at the alumni game a couple weekends ago those guys were back plus a few others and was pretty even contest. This team still has some growing pains in them I expect, but very pleased to start 3-0, only down side was we were up by 19 on Humboldt in final game and almost gave that one up....need to bury that team when up like that. Down at half in first game and stormed back for the win - some good tests on the road. Friday will be a tall test against Northwest - hope we have a good showing!

Comment

The Peacocks hung with the Bearcats for the 1st half but lost 89-65. Pitts for NW had 30 pts. I would not be surprised to see UI make the playoffs again. They have a good solid team with some shooters. Good luck with your regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  The Peacocks hung with the Bearcats for the 1st half but lost 89-65. Pitts for NW had 30 pts. I would not be surprised to see UI make the playoffs again. They have a good solid team with some shooters. Good luck with your regular season.
                  Thanks - wasn't sure how we'd look after losing all the seniors last year, but after seeing the Cali trip am upbeat about the prospects this year. I knew today would be a bit tougher contest, but it was very close until last two minutes of first half when NW when on a bit of a run to get up by 10. I think they'll be back in hunt this year as new guys get some more experience. NW was just too experienced and deep today. Hope we can meet again in playoffs!

Comment

For the record, it's not that I have anything in particular against the Peacocks. I just know how difficult conference play will be, especially in the South Division, so I'd love for some of these NSIC teams to lose a few non-conference games while the Vikes win theirs.
                    No, no, no Ed Gehn, you want your conference to win a lot of games so that when you win it you are more likely to host the regional. If your conference is weak you stand no chance of hosting. And you know how valuable it is to play in your backyard........

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      No, no, no Ed Gehn, you want your conference to win a lot of games so that when you win it you are more likely to host the regional. If your conference is weak you stand no chance of hosting. And you know how valuable it is to play in your backyard........
                      We could win every conference game and NWMSU will still host this year's regional. :)

Comment

We could win every conference game and NWMSU will still host this year's regional. :)
                        Stranger things have happened. Injuries, suspensions, miracle shots- on paper the regional will be in Maryville. But you know what they use paper for........... hope spring eternal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X