Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miaa men's win totals

Assuming Northwest wins the conference as they are favored who will finish in second and out of 19 conference games how many will they win
    Example
    UCM conference total 14-5

Go ahead give it a try.

Re: Miaa men's win totals

I think Washburn will beat Northwest in Topeka, but maybe lose 3-4 conference games to finish second in the miaa, barely losing the conference title to Northwest. I guess that would make Washburn 16-3 or 15-4.

Comment

Missouri Souhern is 6-5 and led in four of the five losses in the final three minutes. After winning four in a row now, they get their 6'11" returning starter back for the first time this year (foot injury). Not saying they'll finish second in the conference, but because of the slow start they are flying under the radar right now.

Last week they beat Lindenwood (7-1 at the time) by 30+.

Btw, all 11 games are against D2 opponents thus far so none of these are cupcake wins.

And they are the only team to beat Northwest in the past two years and they barely lost to them in the MIAA tourney on a last second 3 from Zach Schneider.
      Last edited by MisterWizard; 12-17-2017, 08:14 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
        Missouri Souhern is 6-5 and led in four of the five losses in the final three minutes. After winning four in a row now, they get their 6'11" returning starter back for the first time this year (foot injury). Not saying they'll finish second in the conference, but because of the slow start they are flying under the radar right now.

Last week they beat Lindenwood (7-1 at the time) by 30+.

Btw, all 11 games are against D2 opponents thus far so none of these are cupcake wins.

And they are the only team to beat Northwest in the past two years and they barely lost to them in the MIAA tourney on a last second 3 from Zach Schneider.
        Lets simmer down a little young man. Just because they are all games against D2 opponents does not mean they are not cupcake wins. Have you ever heard of Bemidji, UMD, Mary, or Crookston. :)
        But please keep winning, since that will help out SCSU in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
          Lets simmer down a little young man. Just because they are all games against D2 opponents does not mean they are not cupcake wins. Have you ever heard of Bemidji, UMD, Mary, or Crookston. :)
          What? Isn't it a shorter drive to Aberdeen for regionals? Heck, you'd only have to drive half way and we can car pool the rest of the way. Ha

Comment

Thanks! It's been 25-30 years since anybody addressed me as "young man".

I'm not lobbying for a regional berth. Just saying the Lions are 6-5 which isn't deserving of a lot of respect, but if games were only 37 minutes long we'd be 10-1 with the lone loss coming to a good Northern State team, and none of the wins coming against NAIA teams or those calling themselves Crusaders, Ambassadors, or Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              What? Isn't it a shorter drive to Aberdeen for regionals? Heck, you'd only have to drive half way and we can car pool the rest of the way. Ha
              It is, but let me give you two options and tell me which one you take.
              --Its 7:00 pm March 13, 2018 and you're getting ready to tip off against Justin and the boys in Maryville.
              --play the rest of the season out and what happens, happens.

You choose.

Oh, and now that Gage is back, I'm hoping that driving to a regional is back in play for me. :)

Comment

Just because they are all games against D2 opponents does not mean they are not cupcake wins. Have you ever heard of Bemidji, UMD, Mary, or Crookston. :)
                None of which are on our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                  Missouri Souhern get their 6'11" returning starter back for the first time this year (foot injury).
                  Unfortunately, he was back in a boot today. Beginning to wonder if he'll be red-shirted this year.

Comment

After another road loss at Kearney, it is looking like it will be awful tough for Northwest to win the conference. Washburn has the inside track.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X