X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Re: Early 2018-19 NSIC Predictions

Fox is more athletic in transition but not as solid of all around player. He played relatively easy high school schedule. Needs to polish his skills, especially his shooting/ball handling. Don't see him as a classic post by any means even though long and good jumper.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
    My guess is Fries and Decker will get passed up by somebody and come off the bench.
    Unless Decker improves incredibly the way Carter finally reached potential, I sure hope we have better options. Perhaps the Brookings kid who I believe is redshirting? No has gotten plenty of time in his career, certainly a solid role player, but if he starts I am guessing it will be based on experience as Kallman and Fox are supposed to be incredible talents. I'm still baffled about Kallman being the one that didn't red shirt, he was a very nice surprise as Fox was the one so highly regarded during his HS career.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I guess my gripe is more with the fact that when you click on "Yr." to sort the roster by class, it doesn't list the seniors with the redshirt seniors. So when I quick glanced, I only saw the two centers.
    10-4. Haven't looked at other rosters so maybe we are just doing it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Guess I've never seen it any other way. I had a red shirt year and was listed as red shirt junior and red shirt senior and that was almost ten years ago. Likewise at the college I worked at while working as an SID we were instructed to list the same way as an explanation for why someone is playing five years after graduation.

Regardless, they are seniors
    I guess my gripe is more with the fact that when you click on "Yr." to sort the roster by class, it doesn't list the seniors with the redshirt seniors. So when I quick glanced, I only saw the two centers.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

In case you're mocking me and saying it shouldn't be confusing, the only time I use redshirt before a player's year is redshirt freshman. The next year, they are simply a sophomore.
    Guess I've never seen it any other way. I had a red shirt year and was listed as red shirt junior and red shirt senior and that was almost ten years ago. Likewise at the college I worked at while working as an SID we were instructed to list the same way as an explanation for why someone is playing five years after graduation.

Regardless, they are seniors

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied

In case you're mocking me and saying it shouldn't be confusing, the only time I use redshirt before a player's year is redshirt freshman. The next year, they are simply a sophomore.
    I think that is how most people look at it as well!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Yes, redshirt senior is confusing...

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied

Next year Wolves will likely be starting Smith, Fries, King, Decker and I would guess Parker Fox or potentially one if the incoming big men. Cole Dahl could very well be a starter in their as well.

We don't know enough about Rocko to know the impact he might make. I wouldn't be shocked if we had a D1 guy that transfers into someone that was initially in on them like Tetz, Doyle and Decker, though I don't know anything of that being the case.

I have a feeling we will look more like Winona of this year. Though I always enter a season thinking there is a chance, when you lose a class like this it is tough to imagine it someone just continuing as is in the future.

Really love this class of guys coming in as Jordre bring size and aggression down low, Gus is incredible from deep, Balcome is having a very good year for Alexandria MN and Belka is really tearing it up in that state and also a first list member for MN McDonald's list, though I can't say he is going to win it obviously. Lots of good recruits coming into the NSIC this year but as always it depends what they end up being.
    My guess is Fries and Decker will get passed up by somebody and come off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I blame the NSU website for the confusion.
    Yes, redshirt senior is confusing...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Next year Wolves will likely be starting Smith, Fries, King, Decker and I would guess Parker Fox or potentially one if the incoming big men. Cole Dahl could very well be a starter in their as well.

We don't know enough about Rocko to know the impact he might make. I wouldn't be shocked if we had a D1 guy that transfers into someone that was initially in on them like Tetz, Doyle and Decker, though I don't know anything of that being the case.

I have a feeling we will look more like Winona of this year. Though I always enter a season thinking there is a chance, when you lose a class like this it is tough to imagine it someone just continuing as is in the future.

Really love this class of guys coming in as Jordre bring size and aggression down low, Gus is incredible from deep, Balcome is having a very good year for Alexandria MN and Belka is really tearing it up in that state and also a first list member for MN McDonald's list, though I can't say he is going to win it obviously. Lots of good recruits coming into the NSIC this year but as always it depends what they end up being.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Would love to have an extra year from them but we lose Peterka and Pollard as well.
    Thanks, that makes me feel better. I blame the NSU website for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Would love to have an extra year from them but we lose Peterka and Pollard as well.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

What does everyone lose?

Augustana: Spencer, Schaefer, Asmus
    Three starters and three of the top four scorers.

Bemidji: Pekarek, Black
    Two starters, including their top scorer

Concordia: Newsome
    Lone senior averaged only 5 ppg, starting every game

Crookston: No seniors
    This is a sleeper to make a Minot-like jump. Eight players in current junior class.

Duluth: Schalow, Wilson, Harris
    Three guys who weren't major contributors

Mankato: Brown, Kendrix, Kreuer
    Big losses, but I have a feeling Margs will find some new transfers

Mary: Zacher, Gorder
    Zacher was one of the better players for them this year

Minot: Moore, Green, Ricci Maia, Davis, Rudolph, McRae
    Akibo is lone returning starter, Rothstein and two other smaller pieces (Cody, Aluyi) only other returners from the rotation. Good luck!

Moorhead: Kretchman
    Kretchman is a big loss, but they should be improved via added depth from the current redshirts.

Northern: Doyle, Evans
    It will be interesting to see who they find to fill that role at center. Would the incoming centers play right away?

Sioux Falls: Walton, Wessels, Aase
    With Evans and Guebert, I'm sure they'll be solid.

Southwest: Kirk, Moen, Davis
    Pretty significant losses, but that Bruggeman kid is still around. Will be curious to see how the team looks next year.

St Cloud: Foley, Averkamp
    They'll still have the rightful POY.....

Upper Iowa: Parker, Eighme
    Parker is a pretty significant loss, but I expect Smoldt will take an even bigger role.

Wayne: Nagy, Burneika, Thomas, Esters, Goodwin, Cornelius, Zumbrennen
    A lot of losses, but top three scorers are returning

Winona: Jeffs
    They could be another surprise team, as most of their core pieces return

Early guesses for the top four in each division....
    North: Northern, St. Cloud, Crookston, Moorhead
    South: Mankato, Winona, Southwest, Sioux Falls

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied

My prediction: everyone will start out 0-0, and a day later half the league will be a game out of first, or tied for last suddenly for the glass is half empty guys, see their shadow, and wonder if they're in for a long, long winter.

You did ask for an early 2018-19 prediction, correct? Or did I misunderstand?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Crookston national champs! The NSIC rejoices!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X