Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 Bemidji State Men's Basketball Thread

No BSU thread yet, so I thought I would start one.

I have only seen BSU play once and that was in a 95-69 home win against a .500 lower D3 Northland College from Ashland WI. We have a couple commendable returners: 6'7" Jr Logan Bader. He's a nice inside-out threat last season shooting 60/119 (51%) from the 3-pt line and averaging 12 p/g. The other is 6'8" Derek Thompson who averaged 9 p/g who was a 52% FG shooter. Thompson's inside game is nice and I noticed him the most against Northland.

We also have several transfers. The one I noticed the most was a 6'3" soph who was used sparingly at Lee (TN) last season. His name is Jacob Hoffman and is originally from Horsens, Denmark. Of all things, his dad, Peter Hoffman, was my son's (Keith) coach for a season in Denmark's pro league. Jacob is a very smooth 3-pt shooter and already broke the BSU record for 9 in a game. Actually, after playing 59 minutes in two games, he is 15-23 from the 3-pt line and has yet to take a shot within the 3-pt line. Ja Morgan, a 6'1" from Las Vegas, NV via Southern Conn State is decent too.

The 86-83 exhibition loss at Valley City State was not a good omen. We appeared competitive against South Dakota State in a 20-pt loss, but the two games with little Oak Hills Christian College and Northland don't tell me too much.

We will know more after our first D2 game tonight on the road at Palm Beach Atlantic (FL). Go Beavers!

Re: 2018-19 Bemidji State Men's Basketball Thread

Congrats Beavers on your 74-69 D2 win at Florida Atlantic!

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mbasketbal...over-sailfish/
    Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 11-20-2018, 11:48 PM. Reason: add story link

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X