Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA heading into break both Women and Men

What have we learned about both the women and men heading into break?? Conference wide and your school.

FHSU Women - look to be pretty good again. They looked to be clicking the last few games before heading into break. Several players have had good starts to the season. I know still lots more in them to bring out.

FHSU Men - it has been a bit of up and down. Have pulled off a couple conference wins and out of conference wins but also lost one on the road to a very beatable Newman and had a tough one against Bethel that they pulled out. Hopefully the game against Bethel was a wake up call before break.

MIAA Women - seems to be much of the same over the last several years.

MIAA Men - over the last couple years it seems to be much of the same here as well. Definitely the upper tier teams are clicking and doing well especially out of conference.

Re: MIAA heading into break both Women and Men

Truthfully the MIAA men's teams as a whole had a very good first semester.

Last year's regional qualifiers are all back and off to hot starts. Pitt looks poised to challenge everyone.

Lincoln is off to a nice start and Western has already matched last season's victory total. I think teams who have to make the swing into Oklahoma for those pair of games are going to have their hands full, as Northeastern has some nice height and Central Ok has a pair of really talented transfers, one of whom is going to put up nice numbers every night it appears (D1 transfer from one of last year's final four teams in the Big Dance).

Lindenwood is competitive again but may not be quite deep enough to win consistently.

Kearney appears to be quite down, finally feeling the effects of losing those killer b's.

I'd expect Hays and Emporia to be tough outs more often than not, especially at home.

The injury bug has hit Central MO and they might be facing one of their worst seasons in a long time.

SBU will probably be tough at home in their small rowdy gym, but probably finishes near the bottom of the league in their farewell tour.

Comment

Good summary on the men MisterWizard. I would concur. Just to elaborate more, I think Lincoln, Lindenwood and Emporia will be really tough at home. They all appear to be kind of inconsistent but can play with anybody at home. I expect UCM to get better as they get healthier. Some individuals that are off to hot starts: Martin from Mo. Southern, Blake from Washburn, Lozoya & Franklin from Pitt and Witthus from NWMS. Some surprises early: Hudgeons & Hawkins from NWMS, Avery from UCO, Newman from Lindenwood and Koster from UNK. Scoring appears to be up this year. Last year Pitt led the conference in scoring at 84.8ppg. This year there are 6 teams averaging 84.8 or higher (Mo. Southern, Pitt, NWMS, ESU, NSU and Wash) with Missouri Southern leading the conference averaging 95pts a game. Points will be tougher to come by once conference season starts but it appears that the league is more loaded with scorers this year.
      Last edited by Btech#3; 12-27-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

You always hear it's tough to win on the road. Which of these league 2-0 teams will still be undefeated come Sunday?

Northwest Mo at NE OK and Central OK
        MSSU at Lindenwood and Lincoln
        PSU at Lincoln and Lindenwood
        Washburn at Emporia
        Fort Hays at Central MO and SBU

The favorite out of the above would have to be Washburn.

Comment

I think Northwest MO and Washburn stay undefeated. I think the Oklahoma swing is the easiest two game set and Washburn only plays one. I think Lincoln and Lindenwood are much improved ball clubs and will be tough at home. Would not be surprised if NW gets upset so my favorite is Washburn as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
            I think Northwest MO and Washburn stay undefeated. I think the Oklahoma swing is the easiest two game set and Washburn only plays one. I think Lincoln and Lindenwood are much improved ball clubs and will be tough at home. Would not be surprised if NW gets upset so my favorite is Washburn as well.
            Good call...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
              Good call...
              Except for NW!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                Except for NW!
                I was going by his earlier comments in the post. Mo West and Northwest both win their game ones on the Oklahoma swing.

Southern and Pitt drop their games in st Louie and Jeff.

Hays loses at Central (not a shock).

Comment

I was going by his earlier comments in the post. Mo West and Northwest both win their game ones on the Oklahoma swing.

The lindenwood/Lincoln swing will be a tough one for all teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                    Don't think you read the entire post!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                        Don't think you read the entire post!
                        I think "X" but wouldn't be surprised if "Y" means he's taking "X" IMO. "X" = Northwest & Washburn stay undefeated.

Comment

Big win by LU tonight, foul trouble on the big man definitely helped. Certainly glad we will only see Southern once throughout conference play. Perhaps the brutal non conference schedule is paying off as the team seemed energized to finally play a meaningful game at home.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
                            Big win by LU tonight, foul trouble on the big man definitely helped. Certainly glad we will only see Southern once throughout conference play. Perhaps the brutal non conference schedule is paying off as the team seemed energized to finally play a meaningful game at home.
                            Both men and women won their games against MoSo.

Maybe the Women will start getting some love in the polls now that they sit at 9-1. Their only loss was a beat down by #9 Drury, but they've handled pretty much everyone else on their schedule, including #24 Truman State who is 11-1 with their only loss being against the Lady Lions.

Men's team looks to be dangerous enough to compete against almost anyone. I do wish they had better showings vs. Bellarmine and NWMSU, but it was a pretty brutal opening few weeks.... lots of bus time.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Diekvoss was a beast last night for Lindenwood. Man on a mission. If he plays like that every night the Lions have a lot more wins ahead for them. He was full speed ahead at its finest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X