Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt State thread

I couldn't find a thread, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

Men look to have improved quite a bit from last season. Women are young, but maybe more talented than last year.

Re: Pitt State thread

Then again, there are a ton of duds on that schedule.

Comment

The men are better, and will be competitive most nights. Lozoya, averaging 27 ppg, is having arguably the best season ever by a Gorilla.

The women are very young, and will probably slide a bit in the conference this year, but the future looks bright with a solid core of freshman.

Comment

Franklin also averages over 20 ppg. I wonder how many teams have that kind of scoring duo in their lineups at this point in the season?

Comment

I hope the women can continue to be a contender with the coaching changes.

Comment

I think those two (Lozoya & Franklin) are the most prolific duo in this Central Region. You guys averaging 95pts a game has to put you toward the top in the nation in D-2 scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              I think those two (Lozoya & Franklin) are the most prolific duo in this Central Region. You guys averaging 95pts a game has to put you toward the top in the nation in D-2 scoring.
              Missouri Southern is 4th behind the leader that is avg. 111.3 ppg. PSU is 21st avg 88 ppg. Some of these stats can be very misleading at this point in the season. Many teams have played some real cupcakes, like NWMSU and those stats are very enlarged.
              Last edited by Thepeman; 01-02-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                Missouri Southern is 4th behind the leader that is avg. 111.3 ppg. PSU is 21st avg 88 ppg. Some of these stats can be very misleading at this point in the season. Many teams have played some real cupcakes, like NWMSU and those stats are very enlarged.
                Agreed. Scoring will diminish some but it looks like the conference has some pretty prolific scorers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                  Yeah Pitt has played some NAIA schools that they really thumped.

Comment

Much like last year, it looks like Pitt will be able to drop some points on just about anyone, but they'll struggle to stop any MIAA team from scoring.
                    I'm interested to see how they look now that the MIAA schedule is here in full.

I think a third-place finish would be monumental, but that is their ceiling, as I don't see how they could keep up with Northwest or MSSU. A top-five finish would be great, especially considering they won five games just two years ago.

Comment

I don't think there is that much separation from any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the conference. I think Pitt & Washburn for sure are in the same category as NW and Mo Southern.

Comment

I don't think there is that much separation from any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the conference. I think Pitt & Washburn for sure are in the same category as NW and Mo Southern.
                        Teams that are willing and able to play defense will separate themselves as the season wears on.

Comment

Good point. Especially on the road. Everyone shoots it well at home so you have to guard your arse off every night. Did Pitt State not play well defensively or did Lincoln just shoot the heck out of it?

Comment

Good point. Especially on the road. Everyone shoots it well at home so you have to guard your arse off every night. Did Pitt State not play well defensively or did Lincoln just shoot the heck out of it?
                            Lincoln is pretty good!

Comment

Especially in that Cracker Jack gym. We barely got out of there last year with a win. I figured Lindenwood would be a lot better this year. Pretty impressive win for them tonight

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X