X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I don't know about that... I see two guys trying to get the inside position and getting tangled up. That sh*t happens all the time. Yes, Martin shed him, and he did get whistled for it. They went to the monitor to see if there was something more there... There wasn't. We hit the 3 and got the ball back... shouldn't we be cheering Martin for that one?
    Yeah, the finish makes it look worse than it was.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

OK- bear with me here, I'm going on some info from last year. I also may have missed where a school has women's but not men's basketball like in the Conference Carolinas with Converse and the GMAC with Ursuline. There also could be some teams who moved conferences so this is basic.

Atlantic: 44
    CIAA 12, MEC 12, PSAC 18- plus two independents in Bluefield State and Salem International.

Central: 42
    GAC 12, MIAA 14, NSIC 16

East: 38
    CACC 14, East Coast 10, Northeast 10 14

Midwest: 38
    GLIAC 12, GVLC 13, GMAC 12 men's, 13 women's plus independent Oakland City

South:42
    Gulf South 13, SIAC 15, Sunshine State 11 plus 3 independent Puerto Rico schools.

South Central: 34
    Lone Star 19, RMAC 15. The Heartland is no longer.

Southeast: 35
    Conference Carolinas 10 men's, 11 women's, Peach Belt 12, SAC 13

West: 34
    CCAA 12, GNAC 10, Pacific West 12

There are also six independents listed. I'm not sure who goes where. There are three Puerto Rico school, Bluefield State and Salem International both in West Virginia and Oakland City in Indiana. Someone can help us out here. The problem is that the numbers will never be even because you don't want to split up a conference.

Edit- those six have now been included.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    This is the video I was mentioning. I thought he got a flagrant for what happened at the :35 mark. I'm also curious what everyone's opinion is about the action at the :25 mark. Should that be a charge since he lowered his shoulder? Should it be a foul on the defender? Is it a good no-call?

Not flagrant and good no call.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Looked like it took two to tango on that one. Only one guy finished it, but they were both involved.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    I don't know about that... I see two guys trying to get the inside position and getting tangled up. That sh*t happens all the time. Yes, Martin shed him, and he did get whistled for it. They went to the monitor to see if there was something more there... There wasn't. We hit the 3 and got the ball back... shouldn't we be cheering Martin for that one?

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that the NSIC having 16 teams hurts them for the SOS/OW%, especially in a down year? In Northern's case, they were forced to play UMary, Crookston, Minot, St Cloud, and Bemidji State twice each being that they're in the North of the conference. All those teams are below .500 and account for 10 of Northern's wins. I know the GAC has 12 teams, but didn't look as to how many times each team plays each other in conference.

It feels like the top part of the conference is competitive and "looks" the same record-wise as the GAC, but wondering if the large conference and volume of playing bad conference teams brings them down?
    The GAC plays a 22-game conference schedule, two games vs each of the other eleven.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    This is the video I was mentioning. I thought he got a flagrant for what happened at the :35 mark. I'm also curious what everyone's opinion is about the action at the :25 mark. Should that be a charge since he lowered his shoulder? Should it be a foul on the defender? Is it a good no-call?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I am no expert on basketball.
    Most people who claim that they are aren't either..............

I was always amazed at people who would come up to me when I was coaching AFTER a game who started out the conversation with a "Well, I know a little bit about basketball............" They should have stopped right there.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    I didn't watch the game at all. I saw highlights and heard like three minutes on the radio and heard a review and a foul. I incorrectly thought they had issued a flagrant, especially when I saw the video. I am no expert on basketball.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    OK- the three Puerto Rico schools are in the South region- Bluefield & Salem International are in the Atlantic, and Oakland City is in the Midwest.

Above post has now been edited to reflect that.

https://web3.ncaa.org/directory/memb...&sportCode=MBB

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    42 teams in the central region. Curious if anyone familiar with how many teams in some of the other regions? Heard rumors that some other regions have less overall teams.
    OK- bear with me here, I'm going on some info from last year. I also may have missed where a school has women's but not men's basketball like in the Conference Carolinas with Converse and the GMAC with Ursuline. There also could be some teams who moved conferences so this is basic.

Atlantic: 44
    CIAA 12, MEC 12, PSAC 18- plus two independents in Bluefield State and Salem International.

Central: 42
    GAC 12, MIAA 14, NSIC 16

East: 38
    CACC 14, East Coast 10, Northeast 10 14

Midwest: 38
    GLIAC 12, GVLC 13, GMAC 12 men's, 13 women's plus independent Oakland City

South:42
    Gulf South 13, SIAC 15, Sunshine State 11 plus 3 independent Puerto Rico schools.

South Central: 34
    Lone Star 19, RMAC 15. The Heartland is no longer.

Southeast: 35
    Conference Carolinas 10 men's, 11 women's, Peach Belt 12, SAC 13

West: 34
    CCAA 12, GNAC 10, Pacific West 12

There are also six independents listed. I'm not sure who goes where. There are three Puerto Rico school, Bluefield State and Salem International both in West Virginia and Oakland City in Indiana. Someone can help us out here. The problem is that the numbers will never be even because you don't want to split up a conference.

Edit- those six have now been included.

Last edited by laker; 03-09-2020, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    I was at the game, stayed thru the post game festivities, yes there was booing, it wasn't most of the fans, but it could be heard pretty easily, we all have ignorant fans and it was embarrassing to hear that...I yelled at the fans around me to stop it, but hey I'm only one person! :D Perhaps they should bring the officials out for the post-game festivities so we can all boo them!!! :D

Cam is an excellent offensive player, he's physical and NW has NOBODY that is physical enough to really impact his game. If the refs are going to let me play that way, I'd play that way too. The one play I was upset about looked like Cam elbowed Dreamer in the neck or face knocking him down hard and there was no call. That could be from the more of a flop earlier Dreamer did, so he didn't get that call...that one should have been looked at on the monitor.

MoSo fans can't have it both ways...allowing him to be that physical and then complaining when the D is being physical right back...don't be *****ing about the lack of calls, he gets more calls his way than go against him...what he had 2 walks and 3 fouls...how many fouls did Waters and Dreamer have, plus a couple more when players tried to play some help D on him.

Officiating was all over the place...you can be bad as long as you're consistently bad, they were not consistent at all. Players have no idea how they can play in that type of situation.

Leave a comment:

• #WolvesNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post

I haven't bothered to read the selection criteria this year but I know in the past (and I doubt it's changed) winning a conference tournament is not listed. The wins and the opponents played matter but not the tournament championship. Head-to-head has always been listed as a tiebreaker but when the games were played was not. It doesn't matter if it's November or March.

The spreadsheet posted by schnautza shows that Northern has the better record, PI & regional record. The GAC school have the better OW%, OOW%, ranked record and RPI. My guess is the committee didn't think Northern had separated themselves from the GAC schools and used the tiebreaker.
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that the NSIC having 16 teams hurts them for the SOS/OW%, especially in a down year? In Northern's case, they were forced to play UMary, Crookston, Minot, St Cloud, and Bemidji State twice each being that they're in the North of the conference. All those teams are below .500 and account for 10 of Northern's wins. I know the GAC has 12 teams, but didn't look as to how many times each team plays each other in conference.

It feels like the top part of the conference is competitive and "looks" the same record-wise as the GAC, but wondering if the large conference and volume of playing bad conference teams brings them down?

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    The first one, I felt like Dreamer flopped a little... I mean Martin bullied into him like he does, but I thought Dreamer tried to oversell it and that's why he didn't get the call. The second one, I thought was bad... he went right through Dreamer to the basket, and I don't know what else he could have done, but end up on his back. Something has to be whistled there... block, charge... something. Which goes right in to my last post... for about 3-4 minutes after that, they started calling E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! Just be consistent, so players know what to expect.
    Last edited by Alfred33; 03-09-2020, 09:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X