Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Week 8 chat

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    It's getting more and more difficult to contain the excitement for next season with each win this season. Especially with how many talented seniors are graduating this spring.

The frontcourt will be loaded when Dykman and Riemersma come back to play with Schaefer and Hanson. Plitzuweit and Bryan got the point position covered, LeBrun and Cartwright are perfect compliments for one another on the wing. However theyre a little shallow in that position for my liking so hopefully Fink/Otto can contribute some right away. Have you seen either of them play much? Whats an NSIC player comparison for each?
    While I want to hear simple and Moorhead123's analysis on this, I will mention that you could watch a handful of Otto's games here if you ever get as bored as I get from time to time: http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/school/champlinpark

He's actually pretty fun to watch play. Kind of a loosey-goosey, looks relaxed all the time even in high pressure situations kind of kid. From what I understand, he's not a true PG but essentially runs the point for Champlin Park, but I doubt he will be brought in for that purpose PG at Augie. I'm not great at remembering non-Augie players, so I'll let others chime in on an NSIC player comparison, but I think he'll be a unique sort of player for the Vikes.

On a side note, one of Bennett's teammates, Alex John, will be juicing down in St. Juiceph next season for the Griffons.

Comment

Kato taking it to Augie late in the first half. Mavs are starting to space the court better and hit some open 3s, while Augie outside of Schaefer is having their worst shooting game of the season.

Comment

Vikes need to start getting the ball in the basket or this one is going to get away from them. If Cartwright can even get to about 80% on-fireness in the 2nd half we might be able to take control, but we are ice cold right now.

Comment

Awesome, 21 levels Kirksey and Kirksey gets the foul. Great call...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            Awesome, 21 levels Kirksey and Kirksey gets the foul. Great call...
            On the plus side, Augie is having one of its worst free throw shooting performances since the USF game Dan Jansen's freshman year and managed not to capitalize on that opportunity at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              On the plus side, Augie is having one of its worst free throw shooting performances since the USF game Dan Jansen's freshman year and managed not to capitalize on that opportunity at all.
              On the minus side, it was still a foul on Kirksey.

Comment

Tough call there.
                That short haired ref has always sucked. Maybe a makeup call? Which I always hate, even when it favors my team.

Comment

Good shot by Cartwright. Even better pushoff to get open. Veteran move.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    Good shot by Cartwright. Even better pushoff to get open. Veteran move.
                    For a sophomore.

Comment

For a sophomore.
                      That was his 50th game played. If he hasn't figured it out by then, he never would (and he has). Veteran move :)

Comment

MSU needs to figure out how to play at home. 8-1 overall on the road this season (7-0 in NSIC play). 5-5 at home (3-4 in NSIC play) yuck... That's garbage. The defensive effort is night and day between home and road, that's the biggest contributor to the record. Augie is a good team, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win in the Taylor Center later this year.

Side note: Teams have to check film on Schaefer. He is ALL left hand. Shouldn't be a surprise this late in the season. Credit to him for being able to still take advantage.

Comment

Nice win by the Mavs today at Augustana. Hopefully they can start taking advantage of the home floor this coming weekend, and again for the final home weekend in mid-February.

Comment

Cats beat CSP by 10ish points. Cold shooting kept it close for quite a while. Jordan Jansen had yet another double-double (noted because we must all praise freshmen on this board).

Overall a flat weekend for the Cats. Looked mostly terrible vs Mankato, and frankly looked a little tired at times this afternoon. It's a long season to grind through.

Comment

While I want to hear simple and Moorhead123's analysis on this, I will mention that you could watch a handful of Otto's games here if you ever get as bored as I get from time to time: http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/school/champlinpark

He's actually pretty fun to watch play. Kind of a loosey-goosey, looks relaxed all the time even in high pressure situations kind of kid. From what I understand, he's not a true PG but essentially runs the point for Champlin Park, but I doubt he will be brought in for that purpose PG at Augie. I'm not great at remembering non-Augie players, so I'll let others chime in on an NSIC player comparison, but I think he'll be a unique sort of player for the Vikes.

On a side note, one of Bennett's teammates, Alex John, will be juicing down in St. Juiceph next season for the Griffons.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                                Am not real excited about running into Angie for two more years. Maybe they can move up to d1 a little early. :)
                                Is she an ex you still work with at the office or something?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X