Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are Mules fans feeling?

Thought someone should start a new thread for the Mules fans so that the Jakob Lowrance thread from this point forward would maybe be details about how Big Jak is doing (does anyone call him that?).

Anyway, the Mules were swept this year by their pesky neighbors south of them on Hwy 13. Temporary setback, or signs of bigger problems? Discuss...

Re: How are Mules fans feeling?

That bonfire is already burning.....see the recent posts in the Jakob Lowrance thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
      That bonfire is already burning.....see the recent posts in the Jakob Lowrance thread.
      Or see the first sentence of my post above...

Comment

I was responding to your second sentence.

Comment

Saturday's loss is the first time the Mules lost to Baptist in Warrensburg since the 2004-5 season. That's before the Matt Rogers era. Sheldon Pace was the star of that Baptist team.

Comment

Ok, so here it is laid out on a platter. Since Kim Anderson left the mules have had 1 post season appearance. It was D.K. first year when the core of the National Championship team was back. In the 4.5 years since they have lost more road games than won. Have lost more home games than in the previous regime last 10 years. Why is this either, D.K. is not up to the task of continuing the mules standard of winning because he is not a good coach or can't recruit the type of players needed to win in the MIAA. His teams have collapsed in the last two weeks the last two years and this season has been derailed by injuries (unfortunate ). Pure and simple Jerry Hughes made a bad choice in the hiring and until he makes things right and fixes his mistake the future is not going to get better and teams that the mules used to beat with bench players are going to continue to beat the mules, and I for one and I suspect others will not be going to home games until the team starts winning again.

Comment

Out of curiosity here is the last 6 coaches records at UCM. This is why I gripe.
              Lynn.Nance 114-35
              Jim Wooldridge 131-48
              Bob Sunvold. 81-39
              Don Ducette,89-76
              Kim Anderson 274-94
              Doug K. 80-41 first 4 years plus 10-8 currently
              Total. 90-49
              By the numbers he is the second worst coach since 1980.
              This is why I'm P.O. ed and change needs to be made.
              Disclaimer records were found on the Web.
              Last edited by Mule4ever; 01-28-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Per the UCM website the Mules are 49-39 in conference in 4.5 years with D.K a far cry from past coaches. Plus 25-7 in first year with another coaches players that's all anyone needs to know about how we're feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                  Per the UCM website the Mules are 49-39 in conference in 4.5 years with D.K a far cry from past coaches. Plus 25-7 in first year with another coaches players that's all anyone needs to know about how we're feeling
                  The Mules 14-5 in the MIAA in DK's first season so they are 35-34 since.

Comment

More "fun" numbers:

The Mules are 3-6 in the MIAA. 6 of the remaining 10 MIAA games are on the road and the Mules haven't won a road game all season. 2 of the 4 home games are top 2 teams in the league, Northwest & Washburn. If the Mules finish with a losing MIAA record, it will be the 2nd time in DK's 5 seasons. Going back to 1975 (when Tom Smith took the job) only 1 other coach has had more than 1 losing MIAA record, Don Doucette.

Tom Smith, 5 seasons, 1 losing MIAA season, 1 NCAA tournament
                    Lynn Nance, 5 seasons, 0 losing MIAA seasons, 5 NCAA tournaments (1 national champion)
                    Jim Wooldridge, 6 seasons, 0 losing MIAA seasons, 3 NCAA tournaments
                    Jerry Hughes, 1 interim season, 1 losing MIAA season, 0 NCAA tournaments
                    Bob Sunvold, 4 seasons, 1 losing MIAA season (1st year), 3 NCAA tournaments (1 elite 8)
                    Don Doucette, 6 seasons, 3 losing MIAA seasons & 2 .500 seasons, 1 NCAA tournament (1st year)
                    Kim Anderson, 12 seasons, 1 losing MIAA season (1st year), 7 NCAA tournaments (3 final 4's including a national champ)
                    Doug Karleskint, 4 full seasons, 1 losing MIAA season, 1 NCAA tournament (1st year)

Comment

I am wondering if coach K signed a 5 year contract when he was hired. If so was it extended or typically is the hiring process like D1 just less $$$.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X