Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA Week 6 Chat

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Actually only 1-6 at "home" (and 0-5 in league) - the first four games were at the St. Joseph Civic Arena, so technically neutral site games. That's been one of the mysteries of this team for me.
    Wow, thanks for the correction. Didn't realize that. I hope they don't decide to start winning there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
      Wow, thanks for the correction. Didn't realize that. I hope they don't decide to start winning there tonight.

Not quite. Every time it got down to one possession it felt like the Lions hit a shot and the Griffs had 3 or 4 empty possessions in a row.

There obviously was no answer for Martin inside.

Comment

111points!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          111points!
          94 with 10 minutes to go. Took the foot off the gas there at the end...

Comment

111points!
            The starters only played about 30 minutes each!

Comment

Thanks to Pitt State for making the rest of us feel better.

Comment

wow.

I felt pretty good about the MSSU game at Northwest on Saturday until I looked at what they did to Pitt... This is going to have to be a game where Elyjah Clark (Preseason POY) needs to get off. Martin is gonna get his buckets and we've seen all year that the 'complimentary' guys (Lambert, Tharp, Walker) will consistently give you about 35 points combined but, I think Clark is going to have to be the sniper he was last year to loosen up the paint for Martin. Tharp has done a good job taking care of the ball and obviously, that's going to have to continue.

But MAN, giving Pitt a 100-piece and blowing them out of the gym by 28??? That's as strong a statement as we've seen this year.

Comment

Dare I say, this NW team is better then the team that won it all a few years ago. I definitely think they are very balanced and anyone can/will beat you on any given night. I think Northwest by 10+ on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
                    wow.

I felt pretty good about the MSSU game at Northwest on Saturday until I looked at what they did to Pitt... This is going to have to be a game where Elyjah Clark (Preseason POY) needs to get off. Martin is gonna get his buckets and we've seen all year that the 'complimentary' guys (Lambert, Tharp, Walker) will consistently give you about 35 points combined but, I think Clark is going to have to be the sniper he was last year to loosen up the paint for Martin. Tharp has done a good job taking care of the ball and obviously, that's going to have to continue.

But MAN, giving Pitt a 100-piece and blowing them out of the gym by 28??? That's as strong a statement as we've seen this year.
                    Totally agree with your take on what is needed from Elyjah Clark. This is prime time for him to play a major role in a big game. He's very capable of it, so will this be one of those moments?

To beat Northwest, we will also need another super performance from Cam (please refs be fair to him), and a near perfect game from Lambert would go a long ways (score
                    In the teens, grab the boards, no turnovers). Walker needs to play within his role and it would help for Reggie to have one of his best games of the year.

That's a lot to ask, but if any one of those things is missing, then we will have a difficult time winning in Maryville unless the Bearcats are really off. Has that even happened once this year?

Comment

Comment

Totally agree with your take on what is needed from Elyjah Clark. This is prime time for him to play a major role in a big game. He's very capable of it, so will this be one of those moments?

To beat Northwest, we will also need another super performance from Cam (please refs be fair to him), and a near perfect game from Lambert would go a long ways (score
                        In the teens, grab the boards, no turnovers). Walker needs to play within his role and it would help for Reggie to have one of his best games of the year.

That's a lot to ask, but if any one of those things is missing, then we will have a difficult time winning in Maryville unless the Bearcats are really off. Has that even happened once this year?
                        Not really yet, but it's bound to, right? If it's going to happen, I'd rather it happen Saturday than in the post season. This sure has been fun to watch, but a little bump in the road wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing to happen. Please please please stay healthy the rest of the way...

Comment

Comment

Great points! Pitt shot the ball well, % wise anyway. What really hurt them was 17 turnovers and getting out rebounded. Northwest D will hurt almost any team and even though a team can get hot, defense will help control that.

Comment

I still think Pitt is heading in the right direction under KA. They just aren't quite there yet.

Was he a big "transfer players galore" guy at UCM?

Comment

I still think Pitt is heading in the right direction under KA. They just aren't quite there yet.

Was he a big "transfer players galore" guy at UCM?
                                Absolutely on the transfer part. Off the top of my head maybe more than anyone else in the conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X