Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW-UNK

Heard Mac on radio talking about the game. Said Kearney may be the best shooting team NW has played since Lake Superior State. Also said that they appear "passive" on defense. Lansman has become the go to guy since the departure of Beranek. Can any UNK fans add anything? I think NW wins by double digits, but maybe I'm underestimating the Lopers.

Re: NW-UNK

I saw Kearney when they played MSSU. MSSU won pretty handily, and I see no reason why NW won't win big. Kearney's defense was soft that night and Lansman was very quiet. I agree ... NW by double digits.

Comment

NW beat a tough UNK team 88-71 after only leading 32-31 at the half. Pitts had 37 pts and Schneider had 24.

Comment

UNK really came to play and played hard. If they could have hit some 3s in the first half they would have a nice lead going into half. As usual, Pitts was Pitts and made some unbelievable plays. Schneider was 8-11 on 3s and squelched UNK momentum several times. UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.

If my math is right, Pitts went past the 1,500 point mark tonight.
        Last edited by 86Catillac; 01-19-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
          UNK really came to play and played hard. If they could have hit some 3s in the first half they would have a nice lead going into half. As usual, Pitts was Pitts and made some unbelievable plays. Schneider was 8-11 on 3s and squelched UNK momentum several times. UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.

If my math is right, Pitts went past the 1,500 point mark tonight.
          According to game notes he was at 1475 prior to UNK so he passed 1500. NW all time leading scorer is 1795. There are 10 regular season games left. If NW plays in at least 5 postseason games, including conference tourney, in addition to regular season games and he averaged 20 the rest of the year then he would be the all time leading scorer in NW history with a full year left to play. UNBELIEVABLE!

Comment

Any chance Pitts will declare for the NBA draft and come out early?

Sorry, am just dreaming....

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
              According to game notes he was at 1475 prior to UNK so he passed 1500. NW all time leading scorer is 1795. There are 10 regular season games left. If NW plays in at least 5 postseason games, including conference tourney, in addition to regular season games and he averaged 20 the rest of the year then he would be the all time leading scorer in NW history with a full year left to play. UNBELIEVABLE!
              Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
              Any chance Pitts will declare for the NBA draft and come out early?

Sorry, am just dreaming....
              Hahaha. I was probably two minutes away from posting, "It's a good thing he has a chance to break it this year since he'll be in the NBA next year."

Comment

Zack hit 8 of 11 3's and the team was 14-26. JP had 7 assists to go with his 37 pts and I think around 6 rebounds. Great win for NW...the 1st half was nip & tuck but the difference in the 2nd half was that NW had 2 big runs to only 1 for UNK.

Comment

UNK played like the second best team in the MIAA.
                  With NW beating the 2nd best team in the MIAA by 16, hard to imagine a loss in their future.

Comment

Come on guys. Just because so far a team has been winning by double digits, we've all been around this game long enough to know that teams can have off nights, foul trouble, illness, etc.

The Northwest guys know how tough it would be to go undefeated in league play. So let's not all talk like a 16 point win over Kearney seals the deal. Southern beat Kearney by about the same total.

The Bearcats are good enough by all means. But it's kind of like going 16-0 in the NFL. Even the best typically slip up somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                      Come on guys. Just because so far a team has been winning by double digits, we've all been around this game long enough to know that teams can have off nights, foul trouble, illness, etc.

The Northwest guys know how tough it would be to go undefeated in league play. So let's not all talk like a 16 point win over Kearney seals the deal. Southern beat Kearney by about the same total.

The Bearcats are good enough by all means. But it's kind of like going 16-0 in the NFL. Even the best typically slip up somewhere along the way.
                      I've gone on record a few times saying I think NW gets knocked off at some point in the regular season. Just don't know who. Maybe Southern in Joplin? Nw lost at both LU and LW last year.

Comment

For sure though Northwest easily wins the regular season title, assuming they avoid a serious injury bug.

Comment

I've gone on record a few times saying I think NW gets knocked off at some point in the regular season. Just don't know who. Maybe Southern in Joplin? Nw lost at both LU and LW last year.
                          The Lincoln and Lindenwood road trip got us last year. Not to worried about Pitt on road but MSSU is always a tough road game and we get Washburn at home. That being said, NW is really good. Coach Sinn had some really good teams in the 80's. Tapp also with his runs to Elite Eight, but this might be the best in terms of collective talent.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X